chapter 2

chapter 2- where am I?

I started drifting off in a type of darkness where I saw nothing but pure nothingness and all I could hear was the sound of egg man's cruel laugh and his villainous words. "I need power". "guess I'll take yours then". "you will not"! I heard myself say in pitch dark. I was then grabbed and pinned to a table where I was then tied down. I then saw giant egg man looking down at me. "you should have help me, girl". he then pulled out a drill and point it towards me. I then began to scream. "no"! "Don't, please"! "Ahhhh"! I then force myself awake as I sat up. I was panting with hot, boiling sweat dripping down my face. I then began to look around to notice that I was in a healing room of some kind. It had all kinds of technology and equipment lying around and tools to use. "oh, your awake". I turned my head to the right to see a yellow, two tailed fox working on a computer that was controlling a big monitor screen on the wall. "Are you okay"? I didn't know what to say, so I just shook my head. "Speechless, huh"? he finished off. "My name is Tails". he said holding out his hand. (I already know who they all are, but I'll just let them introduce themselves anyway). Tails then said "I'll go get everyone for you to meet so we can introduce ourselves, properly". Tails then exited the room and I was alone. I then began to hear noises. I walked towards the window in the opposite direction. the noise grew louder and louder and I then started thinking about my dream of egg man. I started to shake and panic. Then the noise stopped and it was total silence. I was then tapped on the shoulder. I then ducked and yelled "Egg man"! I ran into fighting stance to see tails and the others. "come down". "it's just us". said panicking tails. "good fighting stance". said the red echidna (known as knuckles). "so you can talk"? said a rabbit (known as cream). I then shook out of of fighting stance. "yeah, I can talk". "I'm sorry about that". "it's okay, now let's introduce ourselves". "you already know me as tails". "I'm sonic, sonic the hedgehog". said the blue hedgehog. "I'm Amy". said a pink hedgehog. "just so you know, sonic is mine"! " know that, and will get along just fine". "okay". I gulped. "I'm cream and this is my Chao , cheese". said a rabbit (orange and yellow). Her chao is a small , blue creature. Then the red echidna stepped forward. " I'm knuckles and I guard the master emerald". " I'm rouge the bat". said the white bat. "and you are"? said tails pointing to me. (guess it's my cue to talk now). I'm Sophia Brook." but everyone calls me Sophie". I said very shy like. "what's wrong"? asked tails. "it's just you guys are talking animals and you are all amazing just the way you guys are". I announced. "your not bad ya self". said sonic smirking. I then turned a little red at his remark. "It's nice to meet you, Sophie". said knuckles shaking my hand. "your so cute"! yelled out Amy. "uh thanks". I said sliding back a little bit. "well, now that we know each other, lets show Sophie around". said cream. "good idea cream". yelled out amy as she grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. she ran down the hall way excitedly. "will meet you later then". yelled out tails as the rest of them headed in the opposite direction. "wait for me" yelled out cream as she and her chao cheese ran to our side. Amy started pointing to the different rooms. "This is my room and that's Sonic's". It took like 10 minutes for her to show me every room in the house. " This is the last room and it is yours". My eyes opened up widely "Really"? "Your letting me stay here"? "Why of course, just because your a human, doesn't mean you should stay on the street". "Besides, we should let you stay after what happened". I then cleared my throat. "You mean egg man"? "I can handle him". Amy then walked closer to me "I mean the other thing". Amy then took her hands and covered her mouth up. "what other thing"? I said confused. Then amy removed her hands. " Nothing, I just mean"..... "the way egg man treated you and you couldn't defend yourself". finished cream. I just shrugged my shoulders. "I'm use to it anyway". "what do you mean"? said amy worried like. "Nothing". "So uh, this is my room huh"? I said trying to change the subject. "Yes and your next door to Shadow". said cream as she and amy started waking away. "who's shadow"? I said dead serious. "Shadow is a guy who is troubled and going through tough times". said cream smiling. Amy then added in "Just try to stay away from him if you know what's good for you, ok"? "why"? I asked. "Like cream said, he' going through tough times and doesn't want people to bother him". "he likes to be alone most of the time". "so basically, he's a loner, right"? I asked. "precisely, and plus sometimes acts strangely and weird". Amy said shaking. "but above all, he's a good hedgehog". answered cream. "anyway, forget about that". "lets go outside and see the others". said amy heading out the door. "c'mon, sophie". said cream waiting for me. "you go right ahead, I'll be there in a minute". I declared. "ok". said cream running out the door with cheese by her side. I started thinking to myself a lot of questions for I had a lot on my mind. "What was amy talking about when she meant {other thing}? "Who is shadow and why is he troubled"? "After all, I think he's the only one that I don't know yet". "how can I get home"? "should I stay here with sonic and his friends? "why is egg man creepy an why did m blue ring glow"? All of these thoughts bang together in my head. "Maybe I should just go see the others and not worry about it". I said t myself. I then started walking towards the doo until I felt someone's presence in the room. I turned around and saw nothing. I started freaking out but then calmed myself. I then ran out the door and saw the others at a pool in the backyard. I then noticed that this is a yellow mansion that I've been in all along. "Sophie, over here" yelled out amy. "Hey amy, whose house is this"? 'It's very pretty". "oh, it's Sonic's house". "sorry I forgot to mention it earlier". "come sit down and eat". I just shrugged my shoulders. "ok". I said as I sat down beside amy with my mind full of thoughts. I repeatedly watched knuckles cannonball in the pool. cream was sitting in pool, playing with a beach ball. We then saw rouge tap knuckles on the shoulder "oh knux"? she smirkedly asked "how do you like my bathing suit"? knuckles just stood there in shock "It's uh, great". he stuttered and began to turn a reddish pink in his face. We all started laughing. (this was the most fun I've had in along time). We were all having fun for hours and It started to get dark. So, we cleared out of the pool.