Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Day-out

I awoke back in the healing room. (how many times am I gonna see this place every time I get hurt)? I tried to get up but fell back down flat on my back. "Sophie, thank goodness"! yelled out the voice of amy as she ran in the room and gave me a tight hug. "ow"! I yelled. "oh i'm sorry". she said easing up on the hug. "it's fine". I then looked around "where's shadow"? I asked. Amy then looked pale in the face. "he's laying in his bed". I then went blank. "I have to go see him". I then forced myself to get up with pain in my back. "No sophie"! "your hurt"! said amy trying to lie me back down, but I refused. I then had enough. "MOVE, AMY"! I yelled. she then jumped back and put her back against the wall. I then forced my self out of bed and walked out the door full of pain. I managed to reach shadow's room. I then opened his door to see him laying down in bed, grunting. "Shadow". I said. He looked up at me. "sophie, your okay"! shadow then climbed out of bed, full of pain as well. He then gave me a hug. (very tightly). "ouch"! I yelled. Shadow then started to panic. "it's okay shadow". I reassured him. "I'm just hurting from the explosion, that's all". "me too". he answered back. we then sat in silence for what seemed like years until there was a knock on the door. Shadow then answered it to see sonic (once again). "Shadow, it's time for our race". Shadow then looked at me and then at him. "what are you talking about, faker"?  Shadow said confused like. Sonic then pointed outside Shadow's window. "our race that we've planned for days, remember"? "nope". he answered back. Sonic then made a face at him. "c'mon shadow let's go". (sonic looked irritated). Shadow then looked straight and gave me a kiss. "let me go do this thing with faker, ok"? I just looked at him with suspiciousness. (why would he want to do something with without a fight)? "you go ahead, i'll be fine". Shadow then gave me a hug and ran out the door with faker (I mean sonic, I never said that before about him). I then watched sonic and shadow race through the forest until there was none of then left in sight. I then decided to go downstairs until cream and rouge came running up and grabbed my arms. "what the...."? I shockingly said. they then pulled me into rouge's room. "can I help you"? rouge and cream were smiling really big, which led me to suspicion. "Sophie, I have just received something special in the mail". rouge said handing me a letter. "one free treatment at Fanc-i-la- ". i read out loud. "yes"! "I want to freshen up". "you should come". insisted cream. "I guess, considering who knows when shadow will be back". i said giving in. "Great"! they both yelled out. they then both grabbed my arms and rouge pulled out 2 chaos emeralds. "chaos control"! she and cream said. We then ended up in front of Fanc-i-la. "wow, you guys are overly excited" I said looking at the chaos emeralds. "I thought only hedgehogs could use them"? I asked. Rouge and cream began to laugh. "Sophie, any one can use them". "How do you think eggman gets his machines to function"? I then paused for a moment. "ok, you got me there". We then went inside to see hair stylists, clothing, accessories, and more. "wow, it's a fancy clothing store, with a saloon inside"! i said stupidly. (really sophie, really). Then a lady blue and black bat came to us. "can i help you"? she said real sweetly. "yes, i have this". rouge said handing the bat the coupon. "oh yes, right this way, maam". She then led rouge to a chair. "i'm also paying for these two as well". rouge said. (wait a minute, did she just tell them to fix me up)? "hold on a sec"! "I thought only you were getting done"? i said backing up. "Hun, we all might as well look our best". she insisted. "why"? i asked. cream then came up to me. "Don't you want a new look now that your in a new place"? "what's wrong with my look"? i said fixing my hair. "nothing hun, i just thought that shadow would want to see something that he never seen you look like before". said rouge. I then thought about it for a second. "well, i guess since I've had this look for a while, i might as well try something new". I thought in my head. "ok". i said nervously. "Good, she'll get the special treatment". rouge said to one of the workers. "Special treatment"? i said. (i don't like the sound of that). "ok, follow me, miss". she said leading me to another room. (by the way, she was a black white poodle named fifi). Fifi sat me down in a saloon chair and pulled it towards the other side of the room. "first, i'll wash your hair". she used all sorts of shampoos and conditioners on my hair and scrubbed all around it. she then rinsed it off with nice, warm water. As soon as she was done, she pulled me to her saloon table. "ok, lets get started". she said getting her things together. After a while of being worked on..... "All done". she said. she then said "Do you want any highlights"? I shrugged my shoulders. "i guess". "what color"? I then thought of shadow. "Red at the top, you know a big streak and on my tips". "ok". After she finished, she handed me a red and black outfit with black hills. "your friends got this for you". I then smiled. "changing room is over there" Fifi pointed to my left. I ran over there and slipped it on quickly. ( it was a lily boutique dress). I then came out of the dressing room to see a wide- eyed poodle. "how do i look"? "You look stunning dear". she yelled out. "lets show your friends". We went back to the front of the store to see rouge talking to cream. Rouge was wearing a Betsy Johnson strapless pink dress. Cream wore a Mod cloth orange dress. They both had different accessories on and looked very fetching. They turned around and saw me. Their jaws dropped and they ran towards me in awe. "you look stunning, hun"! Rouge said with excitement. I looked  in the mirror and saw myself. "red and dirty blond do go together quite nicely". I said with a smirk. Rouge then paid them and we handed out "Bye sassy". said rouge to the blue and black bat. (that's what her name is). We then stopped at Belk's to pick up Make-up.  We sat down at a nearby bench in the town. Rouge and Cream did their make-ups. "ok dear, now it's your turn". Rouge said to me. After she finished, she and cream smiled with excitement. "look how cute you look". said rouge handing me a mirror. "you look like a princess". added cream. "Thank you both". I said while hugging them tightly. We finally made it back home to see no one around. "Where is every body"? i asked.