Chapter 12

Chapter 12- what a surprise

"I don't know hun". She then opened the door. "if i didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to make something a...." "SURPRISE"! yelled everyone. I jumped back a little. "what"? "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"! I then turned around to see rouge and cream with big grins on their faces. "you guys have been planning this all along, haven't you"? "maybe". said cream. "how did you plan out the hair styling thing"? Rouge just shrugged her shoulders. "Actually, we were gonna do something else, but this was merely luck". I just smiled at them. "thank you, you two tricksters". I said giving them another hug. We all started dancing {the cupid shuffle}. We were all dancing all over the place. After the song was over, 3 guys came out of the kitchen, wearing tuxedos. (it was sonic, tails, and knuckles). "there's my date". said rouge running over to knuckles. Cream ran over to tails. "he's mine tonight". Sonic then came over to me. (wait a sec.). "don't worry, sophie, i'm here for amy". I looked confused. "But i thought...". "yeah, but i wasn't gonna let her come to this party by herself". "Besides, she wouldn't stop asking me". There was then a knock on the door. "I'll get it". said tails. "it's for you, sonic". "Excuse me, sophie". said sonic going to the door. "everyone". said sonic. "I'd like you all to meet my brother and sister". "Sonia and Manic". Everyone then clapped and cheered. I then saw a pretty, pink hedgehog come in with a pink dress on. Also, a green hedgehog with a black tuxedo come in as well. (wearing a green Botox). "it's nice to see you again, sonic". said Sonia giving him a hug. "wow, nice place dude". said manic. "I miss you a lot bro". Sonic then led them to a table and introduced them to everyone, including me. "wow, you guys are so different from sonic". said cream. "I think they are similar to him". said tails. We all started dancing and i started to think to myself "where is...." but before i could finish, the lights went out and a spot light was on amy at the front of the steps. "it is now time for the birthday slow dance". everyone then separated and left me on the dance floor alone. "sophie, you can't do it without your date". The spot light then went to the top of the stairs and waiting was a black and red hedgehog, in a black and red tux. Everyone cheered and clapped as he came down stairs. I wore a shocked expression on my face. Shadow wore the same expression when he saw me. "You look beautiful". said shadow taking my hand. "would you like to dance"? I then kissed him. "more than anything in my heart". Amy then played "one of those nights" by Tim McGraw. We danced and swayed all through the song. "sophie, this is one of those nights". I then sheded a tear and shadow wiped it away. "don't cry". "I love you". "I love you too". I responded back. As soon as the song ended, everyone clapped and cheered for joy. We then partied for the rest of the day. We all had cake and I my presents. Everyone then left except for the people already here and Sonic's siblings. "you two are welcome to stay here if you like, so they can get to know you more". insisted sonic. Everyone then headed to their rooms to go to sleep. "i'm partied out". i said to myself. "your not the only one". added-on silver. I went to my room and Shadow was already there (again). "hey shadow". i said smiling. He was still in his tux. "why are you still..." "come with me". he said taking my hand to the balcony edge. "where are we going"? Shadow just smiled "you'll see". He then pulled out a chaos emerald. "chaos control"! he yelled. and we vanished in a bright light. When the light disappeared, I saw a crystal blue lake, sparkling in the moonlight. There were palm trees all around and a hotel behind us. There was a huge sign that said "Another day in paradise". "what is this place"? I asked. "A place to call our own". he replied. Shadow then led me to two seats near the lake. We took our seats and shadow took something from behind his back. "I don't believe i gave you, your present yet". Shadow then made me close my eyes. He then put something around my neck. "ok, open them". I slowly opened them to see a golden necklace around my neck. It had 2 S' on it. "it looks just like my red one". I said very excited. Shadow then handed me a card. It said in front "when love comes chasing after you, you know it's gonna be...". I then opened the card and [one of those nights] started playing. I sheded a tear when i read at the bottom of the card. "Sophie, i love you". "you are one of my nights". "thank you so much, I don't know what to say". I said with more tears falling down my face. "kiss me". he ordered. I did what i was told happily. We then saw fireworks shoot up in the sky. "wow, very ironic timing". I said laughing. "yeah". Shadow replied back. We then sat there watching the fireworks and enjoyed majority of the night, holding hands, with a smile.