Chapter 18

Chapter 18- For Love

We all wore shocked expressions. We saw grey, metal robots, standing in front of the base. "Why, hello there"? said Jeff Mingleton stepping forward. "We have a little surprise to show you". "SURPRISE"! yelled eggman, flying in his egg craft. "We are teaming up to do to double the bad, wah ha ha  ha ho ho". "We put our ideas together and whatever else we had, to make this". Jeff Mingleton and Eggman moved out of the way, Showing a black and red robot. "Say hello to {Metal Shadow}". Everyone then gasped. "He is just as strong as shadow and since Metal Sonic was close enough to defeating you, I've decided to make an exact replica, only stronger". Then two, flying grey robots, picked up a cage and held it over the base. "TINA"! I yelled. "Sophie, help"! she yelled. Then all of a sudden, a giant cauldron popped up on the roof of the base and it was full of lava. "AHHHHH"! she yelled. Everyone gasped again. "Now sophie, surrender now or face the consequences"! yelled Mingleton. They then lowered the cage to the lava. "STOP"! I yelled. "yes"? asked Mingleton. "I.......surrender". I said looking at the ground. "Finally"! yelled eggman. "If you surrender, then let the robots take you away". "Wait, only if you let my sister free". He then smirked evilly. "of course". The robots then opened the cage and held onto tina. the other robots grabbed me and held onto me. "Robots, drop the sister into the lava"! "What"!?!? I yelled. "you said you would set her free"? He merely smirked. "I did". "from the cage and now she will die"! "NO"! I yelled. "Robots, release"! he commanded. They then let her go. "NO"! I yelled. Just then, a orange and yellow helicopter swooped down, dropped a ladder for tina, and flew her safely on the rooftop, away from the cauldron. "Huh"? I said all confused. "what"? "how can this be"? asked Jeff. "Because it is". said the rescuer. "Show yourself"! yelled Mingleton. We then all of a sudden, saw an orange and yellow hedgehog, with a black suit on. "Chaz"? I said. "Remember me"? chaz responded. Mingleton's mouth dropped. "It's been a long time, cousin". "Cousin"? I said "it's a long story, i'll tell you another time". he said. "But point being, i'm a spy". "no way". i said. ""Enough Introductions"! yelled Mingleton. "Robots attack"! yelled eggman. We all started fighting the grey robots like there was no tomorrow. Eggman then whispered something to Metal Shadow. Metal Shadow then stood half a mile away and made a cannon, powered by Chaos Emeralds. (He somehow got one). Nobody was paying attention to him. He fired and it was heading straight for shadow. (i couldn't let this happen to him). "SHADOW, NO"! I yelled and jumped in the way. I was then nailed in the heart. Shadow turned around to see me getting nailed and falling to the ground. "AHHHHH"! "SOPHIE"! Shadow yelled. "shadow". i said very softly. Jeff Mingleton began to laugh villainously. Shadow then layed me down easily and started turning dark. His anger was increasing as began to turn completely black. He was now {Hyper Shadow}. He destroyed all the grey robots in a flash, then started attacking Metal Shadow. It was an off-on battle between the two and things was still heating up. Eggman then put a force field around everyone except me and shadow. I then saw an opportunity to help everyone (even if i lose my life). I started crawling over to the base and took a chaos emerald out of my pocket. I then focused my energy in my ring and in the emerald. I held it in the ring and drained the emerald's power into my ring. I held it in until full power. I then stood up and yelled "CHAOS CONTROL"! I released my energy and it hit the base's power source. I then saw it shake and shudder. "let's go". said Chaz as he took tina in the helicopter and flew high. "Farewell". said eggman leaving the scene. "wait, you can't just.....". Then Jeff Mingleton accidently stepped on a red button to a remote and was then ejected, in the air from the ground. "Ahhh"! he yelled. "curse you, eggman". and then landed in the lava filled cauldron. Then two of eggman's robots picked up the cauldron and took it away. Metal Sonic then punched Shadow into the force field where he couldn't escape. Metal Sonic then tried to get in but couldn't, because it was a metal proof force field. "sophie"? "sophie"? yelled shadow. He then saw me fall to the ground in pain. "Sophie". then the base started heating up fast and building up steam. "NO"! he yelled. Then the base exploded and smoke went everywhere.