Chapter 11: Things Start To Change For The Better

So finally it was getting close for me to move into the group home. At the same time that mom was getting ready to move out of the apartments and going to move back to Florida. She wanted to give up honey because she couldn't take care of her. I couldn't take honey with me I wish that I could but I couldn't.

So I couldn't stop crying over it because honey was my dog. I thought my mom was being a real Bitch about this. She knew how much honey meant to me. (the picture on here is what honey looks like) So when mom took honey to humane society. I couldn't stop crying over her. She meant that much to me.

So finally a few days later my mom decides to throw me out of the apartment. Because it was taking a while for me to move into the group home. So when my mom did I went and stayed at a hotel for two days. Because that's when I will be able to move in. So I took advantage of the pool there. Even though it was November.

They had an indoor pool so I got to go swimming around to cool off and think. Mom was texting me calling me all sorts of names. Saying that I just used her which isn't true. I would never do that. I just wanted to move out and live my life. I was getting older, I didn't want to be those people that forever live with their parents.

Plus I got tired of my mom treating me like a kid. So finally after the two days were up. I was able to move into the group home. I was really happy about it. But also nervous because I would be living with 7 other people. But I knew I was doing the right thing. So I got settled in and I got to make a friend with Amber. Her and I clicked right away.

She was around my age and I needed someone like that. Everyone else was way older than me. Minus this one guy who is transgender. She didn't stay there long turns out she was moving out. It was a shame too I wanted to get to know her as well. So it was just me and Amber. She was really weird and funny she is also bi.

We got to play games at the group home as well. It was quite fun we got to do balloon popping to see who could pop the most balloons. I lost and of course Jason won. He was really good at these kinds of games. I started to feel like this was a new family to me. Which was in a way true. We were like a family.

Sure we were strangers to each other but that doesn't matter. Because they cared about me. That's all I ever wanted was people to care. They did care a lot. Finally after a month goes by and we are in December I start getting my life together. They started to help me get into college. I told them I wanted to be a cook. So they helped me get into Ivy tech community college.

I'm still going to that school too. Well anyways they helped me out on getting my life together. When it came to be my birthday they threw a party for me. I couldn't stop smiling about it. I just ignored my mom for the past two months living at the group home. I wanted to keep it that way. But of course my mother couldn't do that.

So she would text me and make me feel bad about a lot of stuff. She would play the guilt trip game with me. Where she would make me feel bad. So finally I decided to put my foot down and blocked her from my phone. Since I was able to do that now. So nothing happened but then she found a way to get a hold of me.

She used my sister's phone to message me. She knew how much my little sister Cheyenne meant to me. I couldn't block my sister because I loved her so much. Her and I had our ups and downs but we were still close. So finally I told my mom how I really felt. She was stunned by it. But I didn't care she needed to know it was long over due.

Once she knew how I felt she became different. She was nice to me at first and I thought things could be different. But boy was I wrong. It didn't get different she decided to fight with me yet again. So I just gave up and didn't say anything. Finally it was getting to the next year and I was doing good. On learning how to do things on my own.

Everyone at the group home was proud of me. I never had anyone be proud of me before so it was different and it felt great. Finally mom and I came to a conclusion and so when April came around I went down to Florida to visit my family. It was weird on me visiting them. I dyed my hair green before I went there.

I even got to ride on a plane for the first time in my life. It felt amazing and great to have that feeling. I got scared at first but someone helped me out on making me feel better so I relaxed. When I landed and told my mother she ran over to me with my sister. She hugged me tightly she even said my hair looked great with green in it.
I couldn't help but feel shocked when I heard my mother say that to me. I actually thought she was going to freak out. To be honest I actually wanted her to a little.

But she didn't and I just shrugged my shoulders. We got to do family stuff together. My mom shocked me on not having me cook at all. So I didn't instead I spent time with them. We even went to old town they had a new store there. It was a Japanese store and it had a lot of anime plushy's I loved it! I got to get me a L plushy from death note.

I still have him to this day. Mom even offered to get me a tattoo! But I couldn't decide what tattoo I wanted to get so I didn't get one. But mom said she would let me get one next time. Since I was 22 years old. Mom wanted to drink with me. So she bought us both a huge alcohol drink. The woman who made it.

Didn't really do a good job. It tasted more like rum then it did anything else. It was supposed to be a blue raspberry drink. But I didn't taste it at all. So I didn't finish it. To be honest I'm not much of a drinker. I don't like the taste of alcohol. So my mom took us to McDonald's. Because mom said when you eat it absorbs the alcohol and you don't get a hangover the next day.

Mom was right I never got a hangover the next day. So finally my two weeks there were starting to run out. So it was soon time for me to go back home. But mom forgot to let me get there earlier because I missed my flight. So I got home later than I should have. I was upset as well. Because I wanted to get home.

I was getting close to starting school so I wanted to make sure I got home in time. So I was both nervous and excited about starting school. Including since it was my first time in college. But I knew I could handle it. So when the day came where I could start classes. I was really excited on it. I got to class and I ended up having fun. We went around the class.

Since there wasn't many of us and we told people about ourselves. Hearing about other people's tales was pretty impressive. Some were sad others were pretty simple. So when it came to be my turn I got scared. But I was able to tell people about myself.