Chapter Twelve

Two days later...

Karen

"Wait you gotta move over a little so I can place my hand on the green dot." I said to Kyle who was bent under me. Everyone except Kevin, Nicki, and Lacy was playing twister. We decided to play twister, uno, and many other throw-back games we played when we was kids.

So far our break has been peaceful and stress free. The only small problem is the constant looks and slick bumps from Nicki. I try to distant myself from her but it's like she wants me to pop her ass.

Everybody was now getting settled at the dinner table while me and Lacy put the finishing touches on the meal for tonight. We decided to cook fried chicken, lemon pepper wings, meatballs, dip, pasta, and seven layer salad.

"Hope I don't get food poisoning." Nicki said under her breath. "Kyle get Mufasa and her cubs before I attack her at this table." Nicki gave me a bitch what look I did the same. Kyle looked between the two of us before shaking his head. He bumped into me which caused the both of us to start play fighting.

"Aye y'all two cut that shit out and let's eat." Matt said.

We took our seats and said grace before everybody started to pass the food around. In the middle of dinner Kyle placed his right had on my thigh. I discreetly removed it and continued chatting with everybody else. He did it again and I removed his hand again. Throughout the rest of dinner me and Kyle was going back and forward with this little 'game' he wanted to play.

After we got done eating me and Lacy cleaned the table and kitchen. In the middle of cleaning the kitchen I noticed something quite off about Lacy. "What's wrong you look like you got a lot on your mind girl." she mumbled something under her breath that I couldn't understand. "What was that?" she shook her head and continued cleaning.

I left the situation alone eventually she'll tell me. Kyle walked in the kitchen followed by Kevin and Matt. He pushed Lacy and pinched me. "Owww what the fuck dude!" I yelled.

"Y'all don't start this play fighting shit." Matt stated. "Shut up mad dog you can get it too." I told him walking up on him.

"Girl sit yo short ass down somewhere." I bumped my chest into his causing Kevin and Kyle to laugh. "Oh y'all think that funny? Both of y'all can get it too." they stopped laughing and just looked at me.

All three of the guys looked at each other before walking towards me. Before I could react I was picked up and carried outside. "Which one you want the hot tub or the pool?" Kevin questioned. "Y'all better not throw me in no damn water!" I yelled trying to break loose.

They tossed me into the pool and then they jumped in. Everybody was having fun except for Lacy and Nicki, even Matt girlfriend Hazel decided to join us.

"I'm going to whip up some desserts and smoothies. Hazel wanna help me or stay with your boo thang?" I asked drying my hair.

"Mmm I'll come help." she said getting out the pool and drying off as well.

Me and Hazel went into the kitchen and started taking out fruits and other ingredients for the smoothies. "Hey can I ask you something?"

"Sure go ahead."

She looked at me for a few seconds before carefully asking " well seeing as to how you two interact with each other, is there some type of past relation or secret relation between you and Kyle?"

I stood there quiet for a moment. I wasn't sure how to answer her question. "What made you ask that?"

"I was just curious, I hope I didn't offend you or your relationship with him." she said placing chunks of fruit in the blender.

"Oh no there's no offense it's just we've been best friends since we were kids, so I would understand why you questioned our relationship. If you're questioning have we ever had any sexual relation, then yeah it happened when we was 16 we took each other's virginity." at least I was telling her half the truth the other part will remain our secret.

She looked at me shocked for second before continuing what she was doing. After we got the fruit cut and placed on skewer sticks along with the chocolate dip and smoothies, we headed back out to the pool.

Once we got out there everybody got out the pool and grabbed a glass filled with the fruit smoothie.
.
.
.
.
Everybody was chilling and all boo'ed up except for me I wasn't about to sit and be a third wheel to everybody, so I got up and put on my gray sweats with the matching hoodie and my ugg boots. Grabbing my phone and headsets I walked out my room and passed everybody's door and out of the cabin. It was a lil windy so I put my hood on as well as my headphones.

Just as I started scrolling down my music playlist I received a text.

Qua: wassup sexy...

Me: wassup...

Qua: nothing... how is the trip?

Me: fun so far... What about your trip to NC?

Qua: boring like hell

Me: lol oh gosh dude if only you could be here...

Qua: how about when the break is over we go on a date?

Me: the infamous Qua wants to take me out? I'm shocked

Qua: girl whatever...is that a yes or no? Btw I'm not taking no for an answer so choose wisely

Just as I was about to reply I felt something small and hard hit my forehead. Turning around and looking I seen no one so I just shrugged it off. "Maybe that was something from that tree." I started walking again then came to an abrupt stop feeling something hit me in the forehead again. I pulled my headphones out and looked around.

I seen nobody but I heard something fall in the bushes which caused me to look around real fast. I turned and started walking back to the cabin until I was attacked.

"What the fuck!" I yelled throwing punches at whoever attacked me.

"Damn girl chill I was just fucking with you." Kyle stated laughing. He was laughing so hard that he had to hold his stomach. "Shut up stupid ass that is not funny. You almost made me have a fucking heart attack." this time I got on top of him and started hitting him.

"Alright Alright I'm sorry K. Stop girl!!" I got up and searched for my phone.

"Here the screen ain't broke or nothing so you can calm down plus ya lil boyfriend texted you."

"Whatever. And he is not my boyfriend we are just friends, thank you."

"Yeah whatever." he said slapping my ass hard.

I gave him a look and then started back walking down the pathway I was walking on previously. He followed and put his arm around me. We walked in silence until we reached the pond. Kyle sat down on the dock first then pulled me down on his lap afterwards.

He wrapped his arms around me and we chilled until the wee hours of the morning. I was loving this feeling and didn't want to move. If it was possible I could stay wrapped up in Kyle's arms forever.

"Can I ask you something?" I turned facing him. He nodded.

"Do you love me?" he raised his eyebrows giving me a funny look.

Kyle chuckled before replying " of course I love you girl. Where is all this coming from?"

Hell I didn't even know where this was coming from. I shrugged and layed my head back on his shoulder.

"Do you think we would make a cute couple?" I asked just to see what his response will be.

"Na we'll be a sexy couple." he replied making us both laugh. "Boy you are a mess."

"I have a confession to make. And this confession been held in for too long I think it's time you know." I lifted my head and looked him in the eyes.

"Okay go ahead I'm all ears." I told him.