Chapter Six

Karen

After Kyle left I heard the door open and close again. Wondering who it is I went downstairs and looked. Once I seen that brownish hair with honey blonde highlights I instantly knew who that was. "Karen!" "Mom!!" I yelled with excitement. I missed my mother like crazy and she was finally home.

"I missed you mom. It seems like you was gone for a decade instead of five months. How is business and how is Nana doing?" I asked her all in one breath.

"Nana is doing just fine, she's slowly recovering but she has made great progress. Oh and work was good baby." My mother said hugging me. I looked at my mother who seems to be glowing and looking younger than ever. "Mom..tell me about it cause there's no hiding with me. You are glowing."

Me and my mom share a close bond just like me and my father once did. "How about you skip school today so we can catch up."

"Sounds like a plan to me. Let me finish getting ready and then we can go." I told my ma. She nodded in response.

After getting done me and my mom walked out the house and got into her all white Yukon XL. I must admit I love this truck already. We backed out of the driveway and started our drive. The ride to our destination was a silent one but it was a comfortable silence. We pulled up to a small cafe that was across the street from the mall. We parked and then got out. Once we went inside my mom changed her mind and wanted to sit outside since it was early and the temperature wasn't high.

"Good morning ladies, what can I start you off with this lovely morning?" The waitress asked smiling bright. "I would like a freshly squeezed orange juice." "And I'll just have some water with a lemon wedge please." She wrote down our drink orders and left.

After the talk with my mom we left the cafe and went to the mall. Upon entering the same jewelry place from a while back the same sales lady was in there. Only this time she didn't give me "that look" like last time. We looked around at all of the nice jewelry until I spotted a gorgeous necklace that was calling my name. It had diamonds encrusted all around with a bright red ruby in the center. "This is very beautiful. How much for this?" I asked the lady. "$100,000!" I think she said that with too much pride. "I'll take it." I shot back at her. The look on her face was priceless. Bitch don't think I have money.

We walked around for a few more hours just chatting and window shopping. Walking past the candy store we heard a lot of commotion. "I wonder what's going on." My mom said looking at me. "I don't know let's go check it out."

KYLE

Me and the homies decided to hit the mall after school. As we was walking past the jewelry store I seen Karen. As I walked into that direction one of my ex's walked up to me I think I rolled my eyes real hard because they started to hurt a little. "Wassup Kyle?" "Sup" I said, not really wanting to conversate with her. "Where lil Nicki at?" "There you go with this mess what you want man?" She always being petty and childish that's why I never took it to the next level with her. "You know what I want." She said trying to grab me. "Na I don't know what you want. Go to one of yo lil do boys." She rolled her eyes and snapped at me. "Do boys! Nigga please you know you still want me. Lil Nicki ain't woman enough for you, you need to leave her ass and get with a real bitch." I bust out laughing at this silly hoe. "See there's a big difference between being with you and being with Nicki." She tapped her foot waiting for me to finish. "Nicki don't classify herself as a real bitch unlike you. I rather be with a girl who have respect for herself than go around sucking dick." With that being said I walked off.

I looked inside the jewelry store and seen that Karen was gone. Me and the boys walked around from store to store that wasn't girly. When we turned the corner a group of boys came at us. "Aye lil nigga you called my sister a bitch?" Ole buddy said. "Aye homie back the fuck up you too close." Matt said. "Oh you got yo bitch taking up for you now." All I seen next was red this nigga got me fucked up bad. I blacked out on him, the only thing I remember was beating that nigga ass. I don't remember being pulled off of the dude or being taken out the mall by Karen and her mom.