Chapter Sixteen pt.1

Two months later... Thanksgiving Day

Karen and her mother decided to have a Thanksgiving dinner at one of Darien's local townhouses. They invited friends and family.

Kira, Karen, and their cousin Jamie had to decorate and set the tables. Kira and Karen basically decorated by themselves because Jamie was to prissy to do a simple job as such. Joy, Kira's foster mom, Amber,Karen's mom Elise and Michelle Karen and Kira's grandmother was in the kitchen preparing the food. While Darien, Ashton, Joe, and Aaron watched the football game.

After a while dinner was ready and the ladies went upstairs to get dressed. Meanwhile downstairs the door bell ringing got Darien's attention. He got up with his eyes still locked on the tv and made his way to the door opening it without looking through the peep hole.

Karen

"Have you told him yet?" I rolled my eyes at the fact that Kira keeps asking that same question knowing I'll give the same answer each time.

"No Kira I haven't but I will soon." With that being said she dropped the conversation instantly and continued to get dressed.

Once we was done we analyzed our choice of outfit. I had on a colorful long sleeve crew neck sweater with ripped skinny jeans and my white and purple air Max. My hair was straight with a bend at the ends. Kira on the other hand had on a long sleeve black and white crew neck sweater with white jogger sweats and her white and black converse. Her hair was up in a ponytail.

Soon everybody made their way to the big family room. Once I turned the corner I instantly got heated. "Who invited that bitch?" I asked in a harsh whisper. "Girl I don't know but if she start something I'm putting these paws to use." We laughed and high five each other.

Everyone was chatting amongst themselves until my grandma called everybody for dinner. We gathered around the table and held hands with each other while grandma Chelle blessed the food.

Afterwards everybody took a seat. The adults had their own table and we had ours.

I was sitting between Qua and Kira. Matt was seated to right of Hazel and Kevin was seated on the other side. Kyle was seated across from me with Lacy on his left and Nikki on the right.

We passed the food around until everyone got what they wanted and started eating. Dinner was quiet, all you could hear was silverware scraping the bottom of plates.

Every now and then I would look up and notice Kyle looking at me. I grew a little nervous and looked away. I also noticed Lacy picking over her food and Nicki seemed a little jumpy. Qua was real tensed, Hazel was just Hazel and Kira looked pissed. The tension was so thick right now, anybody can just breathe the wrong way and all hell would break loose.

I don't know if it was my hormones or the fact that I was actually fed up with the silence and weird acts. Soon soft chatters broke out through the dinning room. Everybody was chatting with each other.

"So Lacy the food must not be good, you been playing around with it." Hazel said. Anybody can note the sarcasm in her voice.

"The food is great, it's just that I'm not that hungry." She replied slick rolling her eyes.

"Then why get the food if your not hungry? This is a dinner after all." Kira chimed in. Ever since I introduced the two of them it's like they are inseparable. The three of us together will wreck havoc. Hazel and Kira know about what she been doing behind Kevin back. So neither of them liked her including me. Time to be petty now. I pulled out my phone and started a group message.

Me: So Kira tell me why this bitch look like a clown with all of that damn make up on her face?

Kira: Lol more like the joker.

Hazel: Lmao. The bitch look like scar face yo!

All three of us looked up and busted out laughing. Everyone at the table gave us a questioning look. "Whats funny I wanna laugh too." Kyle said looking between the three of us.

We shook our head and started back eating. "Nicki I see you're pretty quiet today." Kira said. I looked at her waiting on a reply. She just gave a small smile and started back eating. That was odd.

After we got done eating dessert was being passed around. "I thought you like chocolate cake? " Nicki asked Kyle. Before Kyle can reply Lacy spoke up. "No his favorite is red velvet. " I was amazed at what was unfolding.

"I'm good with the chocolate." He said. "But you always get red velvet." She pressed. "Does it matter?" Qua spoke up. Everybody turned and looked at him. The tension was definitely thicker now.

"Wait why is you arguing over somebody else's boyfriend and what he liked? Last time I checked Kevin was your nigga not Kyle." Hazel messy ass.

She made a good point there.

Everybody directed their attention to Kevin and he was glaring at Lacy.

"Okay since you wanna be messy and start some shit, let's put everything out there. Everybody got secrets let's spill."

"Oh bitch I been waiting to spill this tea. Lets start with the quiet one here, Nicki. You been playing Kyle for how long now? Ever since y'all got together. I bet Kyle don't know that you aborted his baby two years ago and you just got rid of Qua's baby.? She said. Nicki got up and ran out.

Damn. Was all I could think right now I wonder what else about to be spilled.

"Lacy on the trip I found a letter you dropped on the ground. In that letter you stated that you slept with Kyle. You slept with Kyle multiple times. But I guess you thought you was gone be his one and only by sending out that video of Nicki and Qua. Wrong bitch."

Wait. Hold up.

I couldn't believe my ears. Damn I thought this bitch was my friend but it turns out that the bitch was fucking my other friend and vice versa.

I looked at Kyle and he was looking down at the table the whole time. Not one time did he deny it. I wasn't really mad at him, more like pissed. I know I shouldn't feel no type of way but the position I'm in right now is messed up.

"Is that true Kyle?" He finally looked at me and I seen the truth in his eyes.

"Oh and let's not forget that Lacy was also with Qua as well. So bitch you just basically a hoe that slept with the whole squad." Hazel said chuckling.

I slightly chuckled because she was right this bitch is just ran through.

Before I could speak Kira spoke up. "Bitch you the main reason why I'm not with Qua. But that's alright cause I took yo man in return." And with that Kevin got up and kissed Kira.

I was definitely shocked now.

"Enough tag teaming me let's get on to Karen. How many months are you one or two I can't remember. Oh and let me guess by the look on your face it's by Kyle. I already knew about your little "secret" that's why I got what I wanted."

I don't know what came over me but my fist collided with her mouth real fast. I was tired of holding my tongue and sparing bitches.

Lacy flipped out her chair and I tried to make my way around the table. I know it isn't right to fight while your pregnant but I didn't care. Too bad I couldn't get to her because Kyle was holding me back. I wiggled out of his arms and fixed my clothes. "Damn K you maywethered that ass." Hazel said laughing.

I turned to Kyle and he had this look in his eyes that I couldn't figure out.

This whole thanksgiving dinner was a disaster.