Chapter 18

"Hello." His voice is deep and the background is very quiet.

"What do you want, Cameron?" I sigh and tighten my hold on the steering wheel.

"I just wanted to talk and apologize. I miss you." He sounds genuine, although I don't know for sure.

"We've talked. What do you really want?" I know he doesn't really want to just talk with me at this point.

"I think you should take the movie deal." 

"Cameron! How could I take it when we have to work together filming a movie about a love story?" I'm becoming livid.

"It's a good move in your career. I'm just trying to help you and I really do miss you, okay? I miss your smile and your laugh and when you fall asleep in my arms. I miss it all." I hear his voice crack at the last four words and look to see Luke rolling his eyes.

"I'll think about it. How am I supposed to know you actually mean what you're saying?" I have to admit, his words struck something deep inside my chest.

"It's taking place in New York City so, it'd be fun. But, you know I mean it. I've loved you since I've seen you."

"Okay, Cameron. I'll talk to you later." I sigh and press the red button.

"How could you have agreed to him but not to me? Unbelievable!" Luke glares at me.

"Chill, Luke. I didn't agree to either of you yet." I roll my eyes.

"If he did what we found out he did, you're forgiving him too early." Alex adds.

"Oh, come on guys." 

"Looks like fuckboy tweeted about you." Lily shows me her phone.

"Don't call him that." I glance down at the tweet. ' I miss you. You're who I want to be with, Rosie.' "Whatever." I shift in my seat and pull into the parking lot. "Let's not talk about it now."

"Whatever you say." Lily sing-songs and gets out when I put the car in park.

The rest of us get out and walk quietly to the mall doors. I haven't been here in ages, it almost brings bad sad and longed memories. 

"Remember when we had our first kiss here?" Luke nudges me.

"I sure do." I sigh and smile.

"It was great." Alex opened the door and raised her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes at her back and walked by and into the other set of doors.

"I feel like we haven't been here the four of us in years." Lily adds.

"I've only been gone for a year guys." I roll my eyes at their lousy attempt to make me feel bad for moving.

"I know. Hey, look it's the slutty costume store." I am suddenly dragged by Lily into the store.

"I was thinking I could wear a onesie." I rip my arm away and cringe at some of the outfits I catch out of my peripheral vision.

"If you want to make a good statement, you should find something." Alex flips through some of the racks.

"I definitely am in on this." Luke holds up a bee costume that would probably show my ass.

"Shut the fuck up." I snatch the costume out of his hands and ignore his laughter when I put it back.

"Can I help you?" I turn around to a hella hot guy. 

I smirk at him and nod my head. "I do need help."

"Oh hey, Logan." Lily makes her way next to me and smiles at this beautiful creature in front of me. I give her a funny look before glancing back at this 'Logan'.