Chapter 16

Camilas P.O.V

I really wished Dinah didn't text me saying that I had a test for school. Even though it's the last week of school we had a stupid test. I found it stupid. I haven't gone to school since Lauren moved in though. Mom said I needed to keep her company so if I had work my teacher would email it to me and I would complete it.

I had my human biology text book in front of me. I wrote down notes in my note book if I found a fun fact, or something important because they were the types of things I would be questioned on in the test.

"The X and Y chromosomes in humans are also very different in appearance, with the X chromosome being considerably larger than the Y." I mumbled to myself as I wrote the note in the text book.

I look up at the clock and realize I've been studying for two and a half hours straight, so I get up and go to the kitchen to get some food and a drink with my text book still in my hand.

"You look incredibly sexy when you are studying." I jumped as I heard Lauren's voice.

"Lauren what the fuck. Don't scare me you little shit!" I half yelled at her with my hand over my heart trying to control my heart to beat to a normal pace.

"Sorry, but you look really hot when you're studying." Lauren winked at me.

"Thank you." I say smiling to the ground trying to hide my blushing.

"You've been studying for a while. Take a break. Come cuddle with me. I'm in desperate need of your cuddles." Lauren pleads as she looks at me with dog eyes.

"Fine but only for a little bit." I give in.

We walked up to her room and we snuggled up to eachother while looking at the ceiling. I could feel her heart beat. We sat in comfortable silence but she spoke up.

"I have a question." She remains still glaring at the ceiling. I nod to get her to continue.

"I see your dad in heaps of photos. I want to know where he is if you don't mind telling me." Lauren looked at me to see if I was alright after hearing her request.

"They divorced when I was 13. My dad had a girlfriend for about 2 years when my mom found out." I start to tell her. I needed to get this out. It's the first time I've told anyone about this.

"I was getting ready for bed when they told me that they needed to talk to me. They said that they were separating, and that Dad would be moving out. I burst into tears, though I had expected this. It was the thought of our family splitting up that scared me. My dad moved into the spare bedroom for six months, then got an apartment. At times, I worried that he might stop visiting us and I cried for many nights, feeling so sad thinking about him alone in his apartment. But everything was more peaceful." I looked over to Lauren who was looking at me with eyes that were saying that she was listening. So I continued.

"He moved on and had a baby with his new wife. After a year I heard my mom crying on the phone." I stopped and took a deal breath. Lauren noticed that I was struggling and put my hands in hers.

"If you don't want to do this, you don't-"

"No I need to." I cut Lauren off. "My dad was home alone and he passed away as well as his daughter. He was murdered by his wife." I say before years start spilling out of my eyes. Lauren took my hands and softly pulled my head into her chest as I cried.

"Camz I'm so sorry." She whispered as I move my head from her chest onto her shoulder.

---
A/N - very short chapter. I'm sorry. I have school and Bell is sick and it hasn't been updated in ages so here you go :)  :)

- Ash xx