22

When they got back to the hotel everyone packed up their belongings and spent a few hours lazing about.
Maddy had taken Jack for food whilst Emily, Sam and Chris lazed around doing nothing.
Jack was pulling Maddy towards the dessert table, giggling as they went. He grabbed the biggest chocolate cake he could find and ran back to his seat. Maddy smiled at the boy, he grinned at her, his face coated with chocolate. Maddy sat across from him and scanned the room. The red wallpaper was beginning to peel and the chairs were old. She was interrupted from her musings by a soft giggle.
"What you laughing at?" Maddy asked. Jack smiled.
"I was just wondering if you are my sister?" Maddy looked at him confused.
"Er... why would you think that?" Jack just smiled knowingly.
"Well you two are dating" Maddy suddenly inhaled her drink and began coughing.
"We're not" she protested, attempting to hide her blush. Jack frowned slightly,
"But you act like mum and dad" he said quietly. Maddys heart flipped, she has seen the way his parents acted and wished that she could have had that, not knowing that she did. The teen looked at Jack
"Jack, me and your brother... we aren't dating'' Jack looked put out for a moment, he knew what was going to happen even if they didn't.
"Maddy, I'm not that old I'm like ten but I want you to like like my older brother, you make him happy" they stared at each other until two coughs erupted behind them. Maddy turned around to find Sam and Emily stood there .
" Hey I've come to get you both, it's time to leave" Jack ran after Sam but Maddy didn't move. Emily looked at her in concern.
"You know, maybe, just maybe you don't know what you feel, love is an emotion that confuses people. But he loves you, he looks at you with such... admiration and utter devotion it hurts and the weird thing is I never thought I'd see that. Chris has a good life but he never found the one, that's you" she said before turning and walking upstairs.
After dropping Jack off at home Chris drove everyone back home. He dropped Emily and Sam off first, claiming that he needed to speak to Dave but his friends just smirked. When he did get to Dave's however he also found Maddy's father.