Questions

"No way!" Josh says in disbelief as he snacks on some gold fish in front of him.

"Not even joking, like, I stayed up all night trying to master that level on Mario Kart and finally did." I end my story with a smile.

"That's really sick dude. I can't master that level even if my life depends on it." He states.

Me and Josh were at lunch with some other kids. I guess they're Josh's friends. One kid I really likes name is Mark who sits right next to me in 2nd period which is math. Then there's this quiet kid named Patrick and his crazy friend Pete. And then Joe and Andy. We all get along pretty well.

The bell rings and me and Josh wave to the others as we head to 4th period; Language Arts.

We enter the class room and that's when my heart stops. In the corner of the room is Scott.

I grab on to Josh's arm from instinct. Josh looks a little confused, then follows my gaze to Scott.

"Crap Tyler I'm sorry he's in this class! I'll make sure he stays far away from you." He says, surprisingly hugging my arm back and glaring at the bully.

On the board it said "Sit wherever you want but they will be your assigned seats."  Me and Josh give each other a excited look.

Josh grabs my arm and leads me to the place farthest away from Scott and sits down.

"Hello students. My name is mrs. Mack and I am your Language Arts teacher. Today we will be doing a little survey for the school." A few kids groan. "This will not be a graded assignment, it will just be in your school record to help give us a background on who you are."

"Woah dude why do you look so excited?" Josh asks, peering at me curiously.

My face gets red. "Sorry I just really like answering questions that's all." I say and shrug. I've always like questions being asked and me having to answer them.

The questions get handed out and I eagerly start.

There were some simple questions like what's your favorite color? What's your favorite activity? What's your favorite band? Then there were more complex ones like, are you in a close relationship with your family? Has someone special to you died recently?

My hand hovers over the question 'are you in a close relationship with your family?' With a shaking hand I answer 'no.'

"Okay class!" Mrs.Mack says, clasping her hands together. "I see we have a couple new faces this year" her gaze hovers over me. "So why don't you turn to your neighbor and share the answers to your questions."

Me and Josh turn to each other.

I learned quite a lot about him. Honestly I could fall asleep to his deep, raspy voice. It was so raw and real like it could never tell a lie... What the heck are you thinking about Tyler!? This is your friend you just made. Don't screw it up by embarrassing yourself with these thoughts! My head steams.