Walks

Josh's pov

"Honey you have 15 more minutes until you have to leave for school!" My mom shouts from the bathroom where she does her hair.

I wanted to get to school at least 8 minutes early so I could wait for Ty.

I scarf my lucky charms down, run to the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth, then fluff my hair up a bit.

"Love you Joshy!" My mom says and kisses my cheek. "Love you too, mom." I smile.

"Also if you want that friend of yours to come over after school, I don't mind, just remember that me and dad will be out." She explains while combing her hair, checking the time, and texting all at the same time. How does she do that?

Before I walk out the door she adds simply "There's pizza in the fridge." And with that, I'm off.

---

I liked walking to school. I live in a neighborhood that's walking distance to my school so I always walk when I get the chance.

It's pretty. I usually shove my earbuds in my ears and blast Blink 182 or Green Day or Nirvana and admire the still neighborhood.

Before I turn up my music ear throbbing loud, I see a familiar figure on the other side of the road. That's when I smile a full on smile. It was Tyler.

He lives in my neighborhood! I think excitedly and I quietly creep across the road.

He has earbuds in so I decided to sneak up on him and scare him. I did this to Joe once and he punched me in the jaw. I have a silent agreement in my head to NEVER do that AGAIN!

Right before I strike, the prettiest sound hit me. Tyler was singing softly the words to "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis.

"But I can't help falling in love with you..." He sings softly, digging his hands into his pockets, chilled by the September wind.

Instead of scaring him (cuz I decided it was kinda mean to do that to such a innocent soul) I put a arm around him and sing "I can't help falling in love with you."

"Holy shi-shoot! I meant shoot!!!" He shouts and automatically gets into a stance to punch me.
I stop walking and start laughing way to hard.

"Josh!" He scolds. "That was mean!!" But the sight of me dying of laughter sets him off and we both are a awkward giggling fit.

"I was gonna do worse." I admit once I got myself together and we continue walking.

"But why didn't you?" He questions.

"Well I got distracted." I mumble, kicking a dandy lion on the ground, sending little fluffs in the air.

"By what?"

"By you." Then I realize how weird that sounded. "Like uh, your voice! Yeah you were singing and um I decided that it would be mean to scare you..."

He giggles and blushes, then realizes he's blushing and turns away. I chuckle.

"Honestly." He starts to confess "I'm not that good at singing."

I stop walking and grab both his shoulders, startling him. "Tyler, something, Jossie." I began. "It's Joseph." He laughs. "Uh yeah that's what I meant now STOP RUINING MY VIBE!" I shout playfully shoving him.

"Anyways, before I was so rudely interrupted-"

"You did say my last name wrong so-"

"Be quiet Ty! Anyways I need you to know that your voice is so beautiful and amazing and sick as frick-"

"Sick as frick?"

"Yes sick as frick Tyler! And even though I heard, like, a little bit of you singing, I'm absolutely in love with your voice okay? And I want you to know that-"

"Josh we're going to be late to school-"

"I want you to know that if someone says your voice sucks, they are so wrong! Okay I'm done you happy now?"

"Yes Josh I am very happy." He says, grinning. "You are a super sick as frick person man. Thanks for actually acknowledging my presence and talking to me."

"No problem..."

Helloooo!! Hope you guys had/have a wonderful day!! I heard stressed out on the radio and kinda maybe sorta screamed and had a seizure... |-/