Gone

Klaus's POV:

"Greta!" I bellowed, my shouts echoing throughout the manor. "Greta, where are you?! Useless prat!"

"That's no way to speak to a lady. Let alone a witch," Elijah commented from where he was sprawled across the sofa. "I thought you would have learned that by now from provoking the Bennett witch one too many times."

"Oh stick a sock in it," I growled at my older sibling who smiled in return.

"Careful, Niklaus," He grinned. "Rebekah would be furious if she knew you were trying to take her place."

I dove toward the sofa at Elijah and suddenly had him by his throat. He chuckled which only made me more angry. His eyes darkened as his face contorted into a big veiny mess and I welcomed my veins as I felt them squirm down my face while my eyes gave off their golden glow. Those golden eyes were the mark of a hybrid, the king of the supernaturals.

Elijah pulled his lips back revealing his fangs as he hissed in my face. My own lips pulled back into a horrific grimace as I let my werewolf half give a startling growl. Elijah jerked out of my choke hold then gave me a well executed kick in the chest. I flew across the room into the wall and I felt the wall cave inward at my impact. I was quickly back on my feet growling as I charged my older brother who got in a defensive stance. I collided with him and we both hit the floor with me on top of him pinning him.

I raised my head to sink my fangs into his flesh and infect him with a werewolf bite when my head suddenly felt like it was being stuck with needles over and over again. I cried out clutching my head as I fell to the floor and heard Elijah do the same. "Bloody hell!" I groaned as I looked up to find Greta with her hands out in front of her. Each palm was facing Elijah and I.

Greta dropped her arms and the pain quickly vanished,"I can't help you with the spell if I can't hear myself think!"

I winced as I sat up at the same time my brother did,"You didn't have to blow my head open, Witch."

"Yes. I did," Her brown eyes flicked from me to Elijah. "You wouldn't have listened to me otherwise. You Originals are all the same. Hard headed and stubborn."

I was suddenly standing in front of her,"I would do well to remember who you're speaking to if I were you."

"Niklaus," Elijah warned as he stood up.

"Sod off," I snapped at him then turned my attention back to Greta.

I heard him sigh and mutter to himself as he left the room,"He'll never learn."

"I'm not afraid of you, Klaus. You may have everyone else fooled, but I've seen your drawings," Greta studied me as I clenched my jaw. "You love her, don't you? The blonde girl you draw over and over again? Somewhere deep down inside of that cold soulless body is a man who really cares..He's just afraid of getting hurt."

Silence hung in the air between us as she continued to observe me. I knew she was right, but if I admitted it..if I even let the thought in..there'd be no going back and I didn't know if I could handle it. Humanity was certainly not my strong suit. Finally I whispered,"Your job isn't to analyze me, Witch. Your job is to find a loophole around our doppelgänger problem."

"Our doppelgänger problem? I think you mean your doppelgänger problem. Remember I'm only helping you to get my brother back," She snapped.

I growled and grasped her throat roughly with my inhuman strength,"If you don't do what I say then I'll have one less witch to be bothered with around here!" Greta threw her hand up in the air again and I was once again thrown into the wall. Apparently the wall and I have an on again off again relationship going on considering how we just love to run into each other.