Prologue

~I apologize for all the craziness going on with this book! My iPads been going insane, but I think I fixed it! Again, sorry!~

One may think humanity is just the fact that you're human. You're wrong. Humanity is so much more than that. Humanity can be the smallest deed or the greatest sacrifice. The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but mankind, including the secret lives of the supernatural, cannot stay in the cradle forever. Especially if you're a vampire. A vampire's humanity is the most precious and delicate thing. It's like a red rose, beautiful to look at, but if touched, it can fall apart. Being human is given to us on the day we were born, but keeping our humanity...is a choice.

If anyone from Mystic Falls saw me now, they wouldn't know who I was. I had cut off my long brown hair to where it was now just below my chin. I was wearing a tight black mini dress that just covered my mid thigh and a pair of black stilettos. If I was asked to describe myself using only one word, I'd choose deadly.

My eyes surveyed the area dangerously as my heels clicked with every step announcing my arrival. The bouncer who was wearing a black T-shirt over a pair of black jeans looked up at me and lifted an eyebrow. He then gave me an interested look.

"Something I can help you with, Beautiful?" His voice was low.

I leaned across the rope and teasingly ran my finger down his chest,"I was hoping you could let me in."

"If you're not on the list, you're not getting in."

I flashed him an alluring smile,"You can't sneak me in?"

"Sorry, Babe."

My smile instantly turned into a frown and my eyes grew cold. My lip curled up as a menacing growl escaped my throat. I grabbed the bouncer by the front of his shirt and used my supernatural strength to fling him into the brick wall. The sickening sound of egg shells breaking filled the quiet night as his skull cracked open. I welcomed the cravings and let the blood take over. I lunged at the bouncer's neck and sunk my fangs into his still warm flesh. After I drained every drop of blood from him I flung his body to the ground like it was a sack of potatoes. I pulled a tissue from my purse, dabbed my lips, then tossed it into a nearby garbage can.

I turned back to the dead bouncer,"Thanks for dinner, Handsome."

I straightened my dress then proceeded through the black doors of the club as if nothing had happened.