Cry Baby Cry

[A filler]

I woke up with my face in the grass. A hand shaking me vigorously. My eyes fluttered open and I pushed myself up from the ground.

"Micky get up. The neighbors are watching!" Sam whispered harshly.

"I'm up! I'm up!" I complained and pushed her to the side. The two of us fumbled into the house.

"Are you drunk?" She yelled at me.

"No!" I said angrily.

"Really?" Sam questioned accusingly. "Because I can't seem to trust anything you say anymore."

I turned around, feed up with her crap. "Oh, would you just shut up!"

Sam froze with a hurt look on her face.

She waited for me to apologize, but I didn't. I turned away with a glare and shuffled into the kitchen. "Im done with this shit." I sighed and took a bottle of pain pills from the cabinet and downed them with a beer from the fridge. My head was throbbing. Samantha followed me.

"You don't mean that." She gulped.

I groaned loudly. "Yes I do! This whole time, I've been trying to tell you I'm sick, I'm depressed, I need help. And this whole time you've been calling me a liar!" I fussed.

"You were lying, weren't you!?" She retaliated.

"No..." I brought the beer to my lips and took a long drink.

"Oh..."Sam sighed. "I'm...so sorry..." She wasn't sincere. She was mocking me.

"Sorry isn't good enough." I took another drink.

"Isn't that what you wanted, an apology?"

"No. I don't even care about an apology. The point is you never believe me. And I don't know why I even try to make you anymore."

Sam hung her head low and walked away. Our daughter had begun to cry. We had awakened her with our arguing.

Cry baby, cry! I thought. She deserves it.