Quick Halloween Hats

Trott was a fairly lonely scientist. He spent years and years trying to create his own sort of Frankenstein's Monster, and was fairly unsuccessful in his attempts. This was it though, his last shot.

It was dark and stormy, quite ironically, as he mixed in the last few chemicals to his concoction. He pored the bubbling liquid into a large vat, turning the substance green. He waited, tapping his foot, and sighed when nothing happened. He shook his head and walked away, dejected because his final creation didn't live, and he went to bed.

--

The green goo opened its eyes to darkness and panicked. Where was it? What was it? Who was its creator? It stood up on shaky legs and stepped out of the vat he was in. It began walking around the large laboratory, looking for any signs of life.

The goo heard an odd, rumbling noise, and followed it to find a large person sleeping in a lab coat. The goo poked the sleeping being until it woke up.

Trott woke to a poking in his side and jumped as he saw the large, green creature standing above him. "You're alive!" Trott yelled, happy to see his creation a sentient being. "I'm Trott," he said, sitting up and smiling at it.

"I'm Trott," the goo repeated, smiling.

"No I'm Trott, you can be called...Smith."

"Smiff," it nodded, satisfied with the name.

Trott smiled and patted his bed. "Come lay down, I'll get you all sorted out in the morning Smith, my boy."
----
AN
Tell me if you'd like to hear how Ross comes about in this universe, because I have an idea for him too.