Colors: An Essay by Zoey Proasheck

"Zoey, why don't you go next," Mr.Ridgedog addressed the small red headed girl sitting in the back of the room.

The third grader got up from her seat and walked to the front of the room. "My essay is called 'Colors'.

"My favorite color is red, like the mushrooms my mommy grows in her garden. Red, like my hair. Red is the color of the sun in the morning. Red is the color of happiness."

"Purple is my next favorite color. Purple is safe. Purple like my big brother, Rythian, and his room and clothes and stuff. Purple like the time when its not quite night time, but also not day time anymore. Purple is the color of calm and safety."

"Then there's green. Green is the color of my imaginary friend Teep, he's a dinosaur. Green, like the spring time! Green, like the leaves on trees. Green is the color of playing."

"My last color is yellow. Yellow is the color of my brother's bestest friend Lalna's hair. Yellow, like sunshine. Yellow, like the big sunflowers mommy has in her garden. Yellow is the color of joy. Thank you." And with that, the small girl walked back to her seat.

"Good job Zoey, okay, Honeydew? Please go next," Mr.Ridgedog said, indicating the extremely short boy next to Zoey.

"My essay is called 'Why Jaffa Cakes Are The Best'...."

Class ended that day, and all the kids were packing up when Zoey felt a hand on her shoulder. "Your essay was really great!" A rather tall girl Zoey thought was named Fiona told her.

"Thank you!" Zoey said, bouncing from foot to foot, anxious to leave for home.

"We should be friends!" Fiona said, grabbing some of Zoey's stuff to put into her backpack for her.

"Sure!" And with that, two new best friends were made.

-------
A/N
Thanks for reading! Something big is coming! I promise! Hope this will hold you over! Leave suggestions please!
<3