Fragmented

★★★  ★★★  ★★★  ★★★

★★★ ★★★ ★★★ ★★★

ACT 1

★★★ ★★★ ★★★ ★★★

"Stop her! Do not let her escape!"

I pulled my goggles down, a cheeky grin widening across my face. My boots thumped through the forest as I charged around trees and leapt over small streams. Hundreds of boots rang out behind me, chasing me, roaring like an oncoming storm.

My hands gripped my dress, holding it up so I could run better and not face-plant into the forest floor. My hair whipped behind me as I cleared a log and charged deeper into the forest.

An arrow whizzed past my head, embedding itself into a nearby tree. More arrows followed, and so did a flying halberd.

I grinned stupidly. I was having a blast! I loved the thrill, the feel of my adrenaline kicking to new heights and my blood thrumming in my ears. But it was dangerous; my job was dangerous.

I released my dress to clench my fists which made my leather gloves squeak. Power coursed through my veins, flowing into my hands. Palm open and fingers apart, I whipped my hand out in front of me. A portal ripped open the atmosphere. A galaxy swirled inside. A platform materialized inside.

I threw myself through the portal, landing on the floating platform. I turned to face my pursuers: an army of armed men. They looked in complete shock at my creation before them.

I pulled up my goggles to rest them atop my head. I grinned. "Tell Elizabeth that it was a pleasure to be in her company." I curtsied. "Farewell."

And with that, I spun on my heel, waving my hand to close the portal behind me.

I was in my own little galaxy; my own little universe. I controlled everything in it. It was my doorway to anywhere, anytime. And no one else could enter it unless I allowed them to.

I gazed down at my clothes: an ugly rose coloured dress cascading to the floor. I groaned. "This is the ugliest dress I've ever seen. And I've seen a fair few." With a snap of my fingers, the dress disappeared and was replaced with a simple flannel button up, black jeans and converses.