four.

~Bella Irwin~

It was the first weekend I had off in months. Forty-eight hours with my family, whom I otherwise never seemed to spend time with. So far, the only interesting thing going on was Ashton scolding Riley for texting nonstop. I didn't mind. I was like that too in my day.

I noticed that Ashton had taken on the role I should've. Again, I never believed in those dumb stereotypes. My only bit of jealousy was the fact that Ashton saw a lot more of the kids than I could've.

Ashton, despite telling off Riley, was on his phone himself. We were all watching The Wizard of Oz for about the millionth time, but it was a classic. We couldn't help it. I tapped him on the shoulder, and he looked up, smiling.

"Yes, sugar," he said, with a sweet expression on his face. He had scruff, and his hair was definitely shorter than our earlier days of dating. Despite those differences, it was unmistakable that he was the Ashton I fell in love with.

"Darling," I started. "Who are you talking to? Your eyes are lighting up. Have I been replaced?" I was only joking.

Ashton chuckled. "Of course not. I'm texting Harry."

I grinned. "Tell him I said hi. How's Olivia?" Olivia was Ashton's brother, Harry's, girlfriend. I really enjoyed their company, despite the age difference. He was super sweet. Just like his brother.

Ashton giggled. "Not that Harry. Harry Styles. Remember?"

I accidentally swallowed my juice too fast. My throat burned, and my eyes watered because of it. I felt myself choking, so Ashton patted my back gently.

"Why are you talking to him?" I didn't have a problem with it. I guess. The last time I saw him was the day Ashton proposed. And we kissed. But Ashton didn't know that part.

"Is there a problem with it?" Ashton raised an eyebrow. As far as he knew, there wasn't a problem. Well, I didn't have a problem either. I suppose.

"No," I quickly defended.

"Wait," Riley stopped. She seemed to be itching to butt in for a bit. "You guys knew Harry Styles? As in the ex-pop star? No way!"

"Yes," Ashton confirmed. "Your mum even dated him!"

I bit my lip. Riley's eyes were as wide as saucers. "Mum! That's so cool. Oh my gosh, he's so hot. No offense Dad, but Mum, why didn't you marry him? I mean, did I mention he's so hot?"

"Yeah," Will said, his eyes still trained on the television.

"He's actually how your Mum and I met," Ashton explained. I wanted to stop him. But I couldn't. "Remember, our band opened for One Direction?"

"I thought you met Mum after," Riley thought out loud.

"No. They were together."

"Okay, that's enough. Riley, you're a smart girl. Uncle Louis was in One Direction. I thought you would've figured out that we knew Harry?" I tried my best to change the subject from my former love life to anything else.

"I forgot. He never talks about it." She had a point. Louis didn't like to live in the past. It just wasn't in his nature.

"So what's Harry up to?" I diverted my attention back to Ashton.

"He married Scarlett. They have a daughter, Elizabeth," he elaborated.

My eyes widened. My middle name was Elizabeth. He... named his daughter after me? No, he couldn't have.

I was left to my thoughts as Ashton had to drop Riley off at a friend's. That was a surprise to me, as I wasn't told one of my only days off was the day my daughter decided to make plans. But I had to let her live her life.

Gosh, what a drill.

~Harry Styles & Ashton Irwin~

Ashton- So how's Scarlett?

Harry- Fine, I suppose. Things aren't going too great between us. But it's inevitable. You know, what's going to happen?

Ashton- I'm sorry to hear that! Hope things'll work out.

Harry- Thanks. How's Bella?

Ashton- She's great. Working nonstop though.

Harry- Aw :( Is everything alright?

Ashton- Yeah, I guess. A few years ago we had a miscarriage. She's been keeping herself busy. You know how she is.

Harry- Oh, I'm so sorry! Yes, I know. She doesn't like to dwell on things.

Ashton- No, it's fine. We had Will a couple years later.

Harry- On another note... I booked a flight to Australia in a couple weeks. You know, we've been talking about it.

Ashton- Oh yeah!! Don't make hotel reservations. We've got plenty of room!

Harry- Thank you so much! Liz and I are very excited.

Ashton- Same here. Can't wait to see you!!

a/n-
SO LEMME TELL YOU THIS- THIS STORY IS MY NUMBER ONE PRIORITY FROM NOW ON. THE OTHERS DONT GET AS MANY VOTES (but plz do check em out)

also- I do not know what it's like in 2030, therefore I will not give many details like what phones they're using or what social media (besides FB or insta or Twitter but that would be rarely.) I want this story to be timeless, but you know. just bare with me.

so Harry and Ashton are texting. which is pretty cool. next chapter will be two weeks later, bc I don't wanna be boring. lol.

remember how I did those QOTD's?
well, today I wanna know, how did you find this story? just curious. I'm guessing most of you are harlena shippers. I do love Selena!

sorry for super long authors note, but also, plz spread the word. maybe recommend my other stories if they're not your type?

LOVE YOU GUYS. xx

~midnightxmemoriesx