five.

~Harry Styles~

The unexpected heat affected Elizabeth a lot more than it affected me. I forgot to tell her about the weather. She was so used to the September London wind chill. To me, it was refreshing. It reminded me that a trip to L.A. was long overdue.

Scarlett's reaction to our unannounced trip to Australia was typical. Her angry tone on the phone would've made anyone believe she was upset, but I knew her well enough to understand she was probably breathing a breath of fresh air.

I scanned the airport in an attempt to spot Ashton. I had assured him that I was capable of finding the way myself, but he insisted on picking us up. I noticed the dirty blonde hair, much shorter than what I remembered. The facial hair was prominent, contrary to myself. After all these years, I had come to the conclusion that I just did not look good with scruff. That, or I just couldn't grow it without looking like I just hit puberty.

He grinned, and I mustered a smile back. I tugged on the suitcase, while holding onto Elizabeth on the other side. It was a challenge, but luckily Ashton made it to us, and took the suitcase so I could hold onto my daughter.

"Mate, you haven't changed a bit!" His accent made Lizzie perk up. Ashton chuckled.

"Lizzie, this is Daddy's friend, Ashton," I introduced. Flights always tired her, so she was still rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Hello, Elizabeth. I have a boy your age, but he's at school. You two could play together," Ashton suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. "No boys."

Ashton chuckled. "If you think this'll be a problem, imagine what I have to go through with my twelve-year old."

I smiled. "It's good to see you, Ashton."

"It's good to see you too," he replied.

"So... your kids are at school?" I thought it was the perfect set up to ask about Bella.

"Yes. Bella took a half day today. She'll pick them up and bring them home."

I felt a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to hear her voice, it probably sounded the same. Feel her touch, the magic which was just at her fingertips. I needed her presence around me.

God, it was taking all my energy to not punch Ashton in the face. But I couldn't. He loved her. He treated her ten times better than I did. If I loved her as much as I thought, I'd want her to be happy.

But the stronger, more selfish part of me took over.

a/n:
you guys... I'm so sorry. I've had such bad writers block and this is so short and I feel terrible but I feel like I had to give it to you. this is my #1 priority, I always tell you guys that.

that being said, plz spam me with comments. you guys vote and all but I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOURE THINKING. lol

also, I need to ask. what do you think is going to happen? I always ask this but I MUST KNOW.

AND ANOTHER VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE. I AM POSTING ANOTHER STORY WITH SELENA AS THE MAIN GIRL WITH HARRY. ITLL BE CALLED "For Your Eyes Only" and it should be up shortly.

TYSM for reading. ily.

~midnightxmemoriesx