eight.

~Bella Irwin~

"Hey Ash, how was Michael's?" I asked my husband, as he walked through the door.

His eyes were glued to the floor. "Bella, I fucked up."

I raised an eyebrow. "What, did you break an arm drumming or something? Don't worry babe, you'll get better. It's been a while anyway."

"No. Something else." He didn't make eye contact with me.

"What?"

"We don't have any money," he muttered.

"What? Alright, funny joke. What's really going on?"

"Bella, I'm serious. We don't have any money," he whispered.

I sighed, impatiently. "Alright, then. Where is it?"

"Gone." He was quiet.

For some reason, I didn't believe him. "Okay, so what did you do with it?"

"There was a guy, he was a friend of Michael's dad. He told me that if I gave him a certain amount of money, he'd give us more, and maybe even give me a job," he explained.

"What did you do? We don't need money, Ashton. I have a very nice job!"

"I gave him our bank account information," Ashton revealed.

My eyes widened. "You're joking!"

He shook his head. "It's all gone."

"Ashton!" Tears brimmed in my eyes, before I maintained control.

"Okay, baby, I'm sorry. You know I didn't mean any harm," he said.

"Then why did you even want money? Ashton, I make enough!" I yelled at him, forgetting Harry and the kids were upstairs.

"Because I didn't want to be a fucking house husband! It's my job to take care of you, Bella," he shouted back. I could see the bags under his eyes.

I stomped my foot to stop myself from screaming. "Ashton, I love you. But your stupid insecurities have left us with no money. I told you, I like working. And you gave me my start, remember? You've done more than enough before our kids were even born!"

He was silent. "Ashton," I continued, much softer. "It's alright. We can figure this out. I get my paycheck on Friday. It'll be fine." I was mostly trying to reassure myself, even though the scary thought of possibly losing my job stayed at the back of my mind.

I sighed heavily, and Ashton did the same. "Why don't you go upstairs? Get some sleep," I offered.

"Are you coming?"

I raised an eyebrow. "No. I'll sleep down here tonight."

"Are you mad at me?" He asked, the fear obvious in his voice.

"Yes, Ashton. I am."

"I love you, Bella," he said.

"Ash..."

He stepped forward, and leaned in. He pressed his plump lips against mine. I hesitated, but kissed back. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I cupped his cheek, feeling the stubble on his chin.

He gently pushed me on the couch, and fell easily on top of me. "I love you so much, Bella."

I just mumbled in response. His hands roamed my body. "I need you, Bella."

"I love you too. We'll get through this," I promised something, which at the time, seemed reasonable.

He pressed a kiss on my neck. "So beautiful," he whispered.

I squirmed underneath him. He kissed my nose, my cheeks, even my eyelids. He unbuttoned my shirt, and pecked my chest.

"Ashton," I started. "Not in the living room."

"They're sleeping," he assured.

"Ashton, I'm serious."

"Sleep with me, then," he insisted.

"I need some time, I told you," I reminded.

He gave me a sad smile. Slowly, I buttoned my shirt again. I gently pushed him off of me. Reluctantly, he slugged off.

I lay on the couch, staring at the ceiling. There was a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something's going to go terribly wrong.

I was so damn right.

a/n:
hope you liked it. sorry for the delay. schoolwork is piling up :(

I have a harlena fic, if you're interested. it's called "for your eyes only."

if you comment/vote on this chapter, I'll follow and vote for your story if you have one. maybe I'll add it to a reading list? we'll see.

until next time!
-midnightxmemoriesx