fifteen.

B E L L A

"Harry, relax!" I had spent the last hour trying the calm down a frantic Harry, who, to my surprise, was up all night. I held Elizabeth in my lap as she watched curiously at her father's mental breakdown.

For the longest time, Harry was pacing back and forth in the kitchen muttering "divorce" under his breath, and there was nothing I could do to ease his tension. A part of me was terrified he was actually heartbroken because of Scarlett's not-so-spontaneous request for a divorce, but the real reason for Harry's panic attack was soon disclosed.

"She wants every penny of mine, and expects me to raise our daughter alone. How the hell is that supposed to work?"

"I'm pretty sure she can't do that," I assured. "Besides, are you even sure Scarlett's the mum? I mean, I guess it's pretty obvious. But I still can't imagine a mother like that."

Harry stopped pacing and eyed me carefully. He tilted his head to the side, and soon broke out into a grin.

"What?" I asked him.

"She never goes to anyone except me. It's kind of cute," he answered, and it was only then that I realized Elizabeth was still in my arms.

"Oh." I looked down at the five-year old and we made eye contact, her dazzling green eyes managing to take my breath away. I looked up at Harry again, and noticed that he was mesmerized at the sight in front of him.

"It's times like this I wish I wasn't such a dick," he said softly, almost as if he didn't want anyone else to hear.

I paused for a moment that could've lasted an eternity. "Harry," I said softly.

"Yeah?"

"I forgive you."

He smiled even wider. "Thank you, Bella. That means the world to me."

H A R R Y

"There's an opening for an art teacher at a primary school nearby," I pointed out to Bella as we looked for jobs for her and Ashton.

Bella scrunched her nose. "Between you and me, I don't think I have the patience to have the responsibility of a bunch of bratty children."

I chuckled. "There's not many options, though. It's somewhat related to your field."

"Is there an opening at a secondary school?"

"There is no way I'm letting you work with teenage boys that will take any chance to hit on you," I warned, only half-joking.

Bella giggled. "I'm almost forty, you know."

"Thirty-six. And you're gorgeous. So it's a no from me," I said, doing my best Simon Cowell impression. Bella, although red in the face, laughed hard at the imitation.

"Thanks, Harry. I'm flattered," she said.

"What... two pregnancies and still super fit? Scarlett is nothing compared to you, babe," I continued the compliments.

Suddenly, Bella was quiet. "Three pregnancies, Harry."

Shit. I totally forgot about her miscarriage. Feeling like a complete dickhead, I proceeded to apologize. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

"It was a rainy day, I remember. It hurt so much, but I didn't say anything. I thought it was normal. If only I did something about it earlier-"

"Bella," I interrupted. I realized she was about to pour her heart out to me and I couldn't see her upset. "It's not your fault. No one blames you. It was an accident. I know it hurts, I really do. But there was nothing you could do. There was nothing anyone could do."

"That's what he tried to tell me," she said, her voice shaky. "I can't let it go, you know? It's a part of me now."

"It's okay, Bella. You're an amazing mother, that much is for sure." I paused. "It wasn't your fault," I repeated softly.

Bella wiped some stray tears away before mustering up an artificial smile. "Thanks. I didn't mean to break down like that."

I shook my head. "I shouldn't have mentioned it, love."

Bella nodded solemnly. "Back to those jobs?"

a/n:
THANK YOU for the votes!! keep them coming and comment too!! ily guys. xx