seven.

~Harry Styles~

My first encounter with Bella did not go the way I wanted it too. I didn't mean to say it all the way I did. Seeing her with Ashton took out the worst in me. As it always did.

She was slicing vegetables as I watched her. Her refusal to look up assured me that she knew I was watching. Sighing, I decided to look away and opened up my phone. The second I did that, I heard a loud screech from Bella's mouth.

"What's wrong?" My head snapped up immediately. She was clutching her finger tightly.

"I cut my finger," she responded breathlessly. "Oh, God."

"I'll get you a bandage. Where's the first-aid kit?"

"Don't worry about it," she whispered.

I walked over to her and pressed my finger against her wound. She winced, but I reached over the second my eye caught a glimpse of the kit. I opened it with one hand, and took out a bandage.

"Thanks Harry," she said, when I finished.

"I'll always be there. To fix your wounds."

She raised an eyebrow, and I smiled at her. She smiled back, and pecked my cheek.

I raised an eyebrow. "What was that for?"

She blushed. "You were just looking unbelievably cute."

I didn't say anything, but I could feel the idiotic grin form on my face. Her smile grew wider, and she went back to chopping veggies. 

"Tell me about Scarlett," she insisted, not looking up. Her tone changed slightly, which I made sure to take note of.

"What is there to tell? She hates me, hates Elizabeth even more," I answered honestly.

"I don't understand how a mother could ever hate her child," she commented.

"Stretch marks."

Bella snorted. "How could I forget?"

"Anyway, she doesn't fail to remind me that she's the working parent now," I continued.

"Ashton doesn't like that."

"I don't mind it. You know, I've had enough. With work. I'd rather just sit at home all day," I told her.

"That's nice. I guess it's an ego problem. I don't know. I like working. It's self-satisfying."

"Tell me about your kids," I urged. I liked our conversation. I didn't care if I had to hear about her kids from a guy who wasn't me.

"Alright. Riley's just like me. Opinionated, stubborn, hard-working. Will is just like Ashton. Optimistic, childish, you know?" Her eyes lit up talking about her children.

"Elizabeth's shy. She keeps to herself. Well, I have kept her to myself."

Bella laughed. "I knew you'd always make a great dad."

Then it got awkward. My mind flashed back to the days we talked about having kids. Our entire life was perfect.

"Ashton's home," she whispered.

I cursed mentally, before forcing a smile. "Alright. Go greet your husband. I'm going up to sleep."

a/n:
ashella or harella? lol I'll always ask.

sorry for the wait. next chapter will spice things up (hopefully)

read my new harlena fic, "for your eyes only"

byeeee and happy holidays! (and New Year if I don't update)