two.

~Bella Irwin~

Stepping out of the car was refreshing. It had been a while since I saw my home before the sun went down. It was nice.

I had so much more work to do, but it took so much begging for me to bring it home at least.

Walking into all the lights of was amazing. I didn't have to tiptoe. I could spend time with my husband. I could spend time with my kids. I could sleep.

"Mum?" I heard the familiar voice call. It was music to my ears.

"Riley! Where are you?"

"In the kitchen with Dad," she answered.

I dropped my bag and sprinted to the room to see my family.

Ashton was cooking. Surprisingly, they hadn't eaten. I felt a gush of happiness. They waited for me.

I squealed. "Riles!" I showered her with kisses.

"I love you too, Mum," she said, laughing.

"Hey, I'm here too," Ashton reminded, jokingly.

I laughed loudly, before cupping his cheeks. I pecked him, causing him to blush. Riley made a disgusted expression, but continued to set the table.

"Where's Will?" I asked. It kind of sucked, missing out on a lot of his first steps, but I knew I couldn't complain.

"He's getting ready for bed," Ashton answered. "He should be coming out for dinner."

As if on cue, Will came out in his dinosaur pajamas. He looked like he grew up so quickly- just for school. Not that I blamed him. I aged ten years in the last month.

"Hi Mummy," he greeted.

Once he was close enough, I pulled him into my lap. "How was school?"

"It was really fun," Will said.

"I wish I could say the same," Riley remarked.

"You will," I promised. "I loved school."

"We know," the other three said in unison.

---------------------------------

"You know they're letting people go at work?" I conversed with my shirtless husband for the first time in ages.

"Letting people go? Like, firing?"

"Yeah," I clarified. "I'm scared."

Ashton laughed. "Oh, my try-hard wife. You're perfect. Trenton would be crazy if he let you go."

When I just mumbled, Ashton smiled warmly. "Besides, it's not like we need the money."

"But still," I argue. "It's important someone in the family is working."

Ashton was silent. "I wish that was me," he said, sadly.

I scoffed. "Ash... you know I don't believe in these dumb, sexist stereotypes."

"I know," he said quietly.

"This is important, Ashton. You've done enough for this family as it is. Let me do something."

Ashton finally smiled. "Of course."

"It's been fifteen years, Ashton."

"It has," he said.

"I'm really happy."

"Me too," he agreed.

My eyes were fluttering shut. Ashton and I were squeezing each other. It was amazing.

~Harry Styles~

Facebook was seemingly a retired concept. But people from my prime still seemed to use it, and then, so would I. To stalk people from my past.

It was obvious, wasn't it? My relationship with Scarlett was deteriorating. I would never admit it, but it was all because of her.

I was sleeping in Elizabeth's room. She needed me more than Scarlett. I was there to find her. See what she was up to. Did she still remember me?

I thought about her every single second of every single day. She's the one that got away. Literally.

He proposed right in front of me. He didn't even care I was there. And she seemed to have forgotten. We kissed. But he made her forget.

Marrying Scarlett was a mistake. A mistake I made when I realized Bella was truly gone. I heard she was having a kid. And I lost all hope.

Louis's Facebook seemed the most helpful, but when I saw it, it had been inactive for years. I rolled my eyes. Harry: zero. Universe: fifty million.

I found her on Niall's. He tagged her in a throwback photo. I saw her face. I never forgot her face.

I clicked her name, but her account was private. "Shit," I cursed, forgetting about my little girl right next to me.

I found Ashton's as well. His wasn't private, so I decided to go through his stuff. In a really non-creepy way.

His description was very vague, random, and well, Ashton-y. Nothing about Bella, so I just went to his albums.

My heart literally stopped when I caught a glimpse of Bella. She looked... exactly the same. Not a bit different.

I clicked on the photo immediately, and hit the like button faster than humanly possible. I realized that it might've been a bit weird, but maybe it'd make me feel better. I didn't know.

She lived in Australia. I was in London. So far away. Not that I had a chance. But she was all I kept thinking about. For years.

I made so many mistakes. I doubted anything good would come my way. But I just stared at the screen, until the most bizarre thing caught my eye.

a/n:
sorry for the late chapter. thanks for waiting-- if you did lol.

FIRST OF ALL- SOUNDS GOOD FEELS GOOD IS COMING SOON.

SECOND OF ALL- REVIVAL. THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

THIRD- MADE IN THE FUCKING AM.

WHY DO THEY WANT TO KILL ME??

anyway, I'm trying to update. I'm in Vegas rn so it's kind of hard plus school *insert rolling eyes emoji*

everything sucks.

anyway, thanks for reading!

~ midnightxmemoriesx