Chapter Eight ☾

Morning arrived and I busied myself for my departure. Azalea had braided my hair earlier and is currently making sure I have packed everything. I have on a soft blue sleeveless halter top that stops above my stomach. A soft blue floor length sheath skirt completes my outfit. The bottom of the skirt had a white trim.

I walk over to my bed where Estrellita continues to rest peacefully. I lean downward and place a kiss on her forehead. "I have to leave now" I whisper softly after I pulled away from her forehead. Her long blonde hair is knotted and her hazel eyes are slightly closing. She had taken my pillow and is holding it against her chest.

"Do you have to leave now?" asked Estrellita in a soft voice. She looked at me while arching a blonde eyebrow in question. I smiled at her and reached my hand forward to tuck a stand of hair behind her ear. "Yes I do have to leave for my journey now" I said. Days prior to my departure I had thought of a gift to give Estrellita. I am certain that she will be pleased with her gift.

She had always wanted to possess this item since I purchased it. Father had taken me to a large market on the other end of the Isle. Once a year merchants from other lands attend the market to sell their goods. "I am leaving you the moon charm that hangs above my curtains "I said. She dropped the pillow and, then wrapped her arms around my waist. "Thank you Carita! I had loved the wind charm!" Happiness was evident in her voice as she spoke.

I chucked softly at her "I am glad you like it. I am sure the charm will bring you pleasant dreams." Estrellita gave me a gentle squeeze before releasing her hold on me. "Be careful on your journey. I love you Carita." A soft pink blush has spread across her soft tan cheeks. Estrellita does not often mention that she loved me. However, I know that without words that my sister loves me.

"I will. I love you too Estrellita. I shall contact you and Mother when I arrive." I bent downward to pick up my brown leather bag that contains my belongings. I placed the straps under each arm, which allowed the bag to rest against my back. Estrellita and I embraced once more time before I left my bedroom. She had remained in my bedroom to get more rest. However, I am certain that remained upstairs to not witness my departure.

As I exited the door of my home I was met with my parents and Thane. Mother had tears cascading down her oval shaped face. Father had his strong arm wrapped around Mother's shoulder. His attempt to comfort her was not succeeding too well. Thane stood next to Father with a tiered expression on his face. It is rather early and Thane does not do well at early hours of the day. "My sweet Carita is finally departing" said Mother between sobs. Father gently squeezed her shoulder "Yes, but with good reason."

Thane walked up to me quickly and embraced me. I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my head against his chest. I want to recall the feeling of his embrace. Besides Father, Thane had been my protector through my life. He had always protected me from the rude boys since childhood. He always encouraged me to do my best with my studies. Especially when I struggled to perfect an aspect of my magic. "Stay safe Carita. I am certain that we shall meet at future Councils" said Thane.

I looked up at his face and smiled "I will Thane. I do hope that I shall be allowed to attend the Council." He leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Dwynwen sends her love and farewell. She is still sleeping in our bedroom and I did not wish to disturb her." It is understandable since she had a long day yesterday. Also, completing the mate bond often tiers women for a day or two. "I understand brother. I am very happy for the both of you. Please send her my best wishes."

He released his hold on me and I did the same. "I will once she awakens. I love you my sweet sister." I looked up in his hazel eyes. His eyes held love yet sadness in them at once. "I love you as well my dear elder brother." He let out a soft chuckle at my words "I am also your only brother." I giggled and nodded at his statement. I am certain that he felt more comfortable ending our farewell on a humorous note. Thane does not do well when it comes time to say farewell. Thane stepped aside and Father began to walk towards me.