Chapter 1

Amy's P.O.V

"Elle! Pass us that chair!" I shouted, forcing all my body weight on the door to force it shut.

"Here!" Elle said, running over with the wooden chair.

"Get ready to run." I smirked, holding the chair in one hand and placing my other hand on the door handle. I looked through the peep hole and looked at the zombie.

"Can you tell who it is?" Estelle asked, picking up a baseball bat from the corner.

"Yeah..." I sighed. "It's Alex Turner."

"No! Seriously!?" Estelle gasped.

"Yeah look." I said, moving so Estelle could look for herself while trying not to cry. "Elle I can't kill him. I adore him!" I said.

"Amy! He's trying to kill us!" Estelle growled.

"Yeah... I guess." I said, gripping the door handle even tighter. "Let's do this then." I said, opening the door and hitting zombie Alex with the chair. "Run Elle!" I shouted, still hitting the zombie with the chair. As soon as Elle was in the clear, I ran after her.

We managed to escape him and found ourselves in a clearing in the middle of a forest. Estelle was sat catching her breath on a fallen tree.

"Shit that could have ended badly." She sighed.

"Tell me about it." I said, sitting beside her. "One day, a wooden chair isn't going to be good enough." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah. Seriously, we need to find better weapons." Estelle said.

"There's a munitions factory just outside of town. We might be able to find something there?" I suggested.

"Right! Let's go!" Estelle smiled, standing up and grabbing her rucksack.

"What, now?" I said, looking at her.

"Yeah. We can't stay here. We'll get jumped." Estelle laughed. "Come on."

"Fine." I sighed, dragging myself up and grabbing my rucksack.

We were walking through the masses of trees for hours until we heard a scream.

"What the fuck was that?" Estelle gasped.

"I don't know and I don't care." I said.

"Amy!"

"What!? I'm not risking my life for that fucker." I said. Estelle looked over at me with wide eyes.

"Mimi we can't just leave them." She sighed. I stared at her before rolling my eyes.

"Fine." I groaned, picking up the branch of a tree and following Estelle to where the scream came from.

We got there to see a tall lanky brunette being cornered by two zombies. Estelle began sneaking up on them but I have literally no patience.

"Oi! Brain dead!" I shouted, getting the zombies' attention.

"Amy!" Estelle shouted.

"What?" I said, before smashing my tree branch across the zombies face. "Got the job done didn't it?" I said, stabbing the end of the branch into its chest.

"Fair enough." Estelle said, shrugging before battering the other zombie with her baseball bat.

"You're welcome mate! See ya round!" I shouted at the lad cowering by the tree.

"No! Wait!" He yelled. I sighed an exasperated sigh before turning round on my heel.

"What!" I growled.

"Amy I swear to god." Estelle growled. I rolled my eyes before moving back over to them.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"I'm Elle and this is Mi-"

"I'm Amy." I said, cutting Estelle off. "I don't know him so he doesn't get my nickname."

"Amy be nice for once on your life." Estelle shouted.

"Pfft!"

"Erm. Could you walk me back? I don't want to go alone." The guy said.

"Nope sorry. Busy." I said, turning away.

"Fuck sake! Amy!" Estelle shouted.

"Elle we don't even know his name!" I growled.

"Oh sorry! I'm er, Ross." He said, smiling slightly.

"Well hiya Ross. We're kinda busy though." I said, smiling falsely.

"No were not Ross. Which way?" Estelle said sweetly.

"It's erm, this way." Ross smiled. I sighed loudly before dragging my feet behind them.

It took us about 10 minutes to reach a worn down little hut in the middle of the forest. It was covered in overgrown plants and the door was hidden.

"Well I guess that's it. See ya round Ross." I said, turning to walk away.

"No please, come in. Rest till the morning." He suggested.

"Elle don't you dare." I mumbled.

"Mimi, it'll be safer during the day." She said. Of course she was right but I'm stubborn as fuck. "Please Amy."

"No. No chance." I said, crossing my arms.

"Thanks!" She shouted, hugging me.

"Erm. I haven't agreed to anything." I said, frowning at her.

Before I knew it I was being forced to sit with Ross and his mates. Estelle was introducing us as I sat picking at my fingernails.

"I'm Estelle and this is Amy." Estelle smiled.

"Sup. I said, not even looking up.

"Yeah. These kinda saved me." Ross said sheepishly. "By the way, this is Evan, Pete and Josh."

"Hiya!" Estelle smiled.

"Yeah. Hey." I muttered before feeling Estelle's elbow hit my side. "What." I growled.

"Ooooooh! Feisty!" Josh laughed.

"You can shut up too pretty boy." I growled.

"Chill! Fucking hell." Josh mumbled.

"Fuck this." I said, standing up.

"Aye! Sit down before you go and get yourself killed." Evan said, grabbing my arm.

"I can look after myself thanks." I smiled, still giving the death stare.

"Mimi just sit down." Estelle said, pulling me back down. Josh opened his mouth to speak.

"Don't. You. Even. Talk. To. Me." I warned. Josh closed his mouth and started a conversation with Ross.

"So what we're you doing out here?" Pete asked.

"Oh yano running from those, what d'ya call em. Oh yeah, those zombies that want to eat our fucking brains." I snapped.

"Woah chill love." Pete smiled.

"She's not always like this." Estelle smiled.

"Yes. Yes I am." I added quickly.

"You've got your work cut out with her Estelle." Evan laughed.

"Yeah. Ha. Funny. I'm going to sleep. See ya tomorrow Elle. Night benders!" I said, holding my middle finger up as I left the room to go to sleep. The sooner we leave the better.