Epilogue

Estelle's POV

We were all sitting in the waiting room and we were all exhausted. Evan, Niall, Ross and Emma were asleep. I wish I could sleep, I really do. But the fact that my best friend just gave her own life to save others was stuck in my mind.

Pete put his arm around me shoulder and pulle me closer. I lay my head and his shoulder and I felt him giving me a kiss in the top of my head.

After several hours, the door opened and Jess walked in.

I immediately got up and walked over to her.

"And?" I asked. "Did you get the mutation?"

Jess nodded, "Yes we did. We owe Amy our lives."

I felt my eyes getting wet and I sniffed. "Good."

Jess gave me a quick hug and said, "We're starting on Josh in a minute. I'll keep you guys updated."

I walked back quietly, trying not to wake the others. Pete wrapped his arms around me and I started crying. "She's really gone."

After half a day, we still hadn't heard from Jess and we were starting to worry about Josh.

I didn't want to eat or sleep until I knew he made it.

The doors opened again and everyone rushed to Jess.

"He's okay. He's cured." She smiled.

Almost everyone cheered. And even though I was happy as well, I couldn't stop thinking about the sacrifice Amy made.

We were allowed to visit Josh and Ross and Evan we right on their way to his room.

I had told the group that I wanted to go in alone and last, so I could tell him about Amy.

It took about half an hours before I could go in. I took a deep breath and opened his door.
He was laying in a hospital bed, lots of machines around him. He still looked really tired, but also a lot healthier.

"Hey." I said as I sat down on the end of his bed. My eyes immediately got wet and I tried my best not to cry.

"Hi." He said as he gave me a weak smile.

The two of us kept quiet for a moment. I didn't know what to say, because I knew that I was going to cry as soon as I said one word to him.

Josh's fingers gently touched mine. "Estelle? Where's Amy?"

I firmly grabbed his hand as I started crying. "Amy gave her life so she could save you and all the other infected people."

Josh' POV

I couldn't believe what Estelle just said.  I got up a little as tears filled my eyes.

"Amy.." I mumbled as I started crying. "Fuck. What am I going to do without her?"

Estelle was still holding my hand and I looked at her. She was the only one that knew how I felt right now. I had lost the girl I love, she had lost her best friend.

I leaned over to her to pull her into a hug. She started crying harder and I tightened my grip.

The two of us sat like that, crying over Amy, for as long as we needed. None of us could have stopped her, she'd always been determined.

Estelle let go of me and got up. She reached her hand in the pocket of her vest and grabbed something out of it.

"Amy gave me this and asked me to give it to you." She sniffed as she handed me a piece of paper.

"Thank you." I whispered.

She walked to the door. "I'll let you alone now."

I just stared at the folded piece of paper for a few minutes. I wanted to open it, but I also didn't. If I read what she had written, she'd be gone for real.

I took a deep breath and sighed as I unfolded the piece of paper. My eyes filled with tears again as I read her note.

I love you Josh.
And I'll always be with you.
Love, Amy.

---
I hope you guys liked this book!
Amy and I are working on another book as we speak :)
~Estelle

Yeah, just a follow on! Thanks for all the support!! We have so many ideas for stories so I think the end of 2015 and all of 2016 is going to be a big year for me and Elle and I hope you're all be here with us on our "journey" Thanks again guys!! Love you all! ♡♡♡
~ Amy