Chapter 6

Estelle's P.O.V.

I woke up with Pete's arm around my waist. I smiled a little but that faded as soon as I remembered what was going on. This would have been so nice if it wasn't for the fucking apocalypse.

I got up and woke Pete. "I'm gonna see how Amy's doing."

I walked to the room where she and Josh were, but I couldn't find them. I heard some noises by the stairs and ran over there.

"Amy you're awake!" I shouted, smiling.

"Yeah." she sighed. And I saw Josh reaching out for her hand while asking if we could head off again.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch me. Keep him away from me." Amy growled as she picked up her bag.

I walked up to Josh. "Sorry lad. Amy's word is will."

I chuckled a little, trying to get him a little more calm.

He followed Amy and I went looking for Pete, Ross and Evan.

"How is she?" Evan asked me as soon as everyone got out and followed the small road.

"Okay I guess." I stated.

"She can swear again." Pete joked as he put his arm around me.

"Oh god, did you two get it on last night?" Evan asked with a grin on his face.

"Did you hear anything hm?" Pete chuckled.

Evan shook his head, "Uh no. Why? DID YOU?"

I pushed my elbow in Pete's side, "No we did not."

"Hm suuure" Ross joined the conversation.

"Ross, you should be walking up front." Pete said with a strict face.

Ross sighed and ran up front again, joining Amy who was trying to get away from Josh.

"I'm gonna see if Amy let's me take care of her." I said as Pete let go of me.

I run up to Amy and walked next to her. "Mimi? Talk to me?"

Josh was smart enough to go walk with Pete after he saw me walking up to Amy.

"I don't know what's going on with me." she sighed. "I should have been turned by now. And I'm actually only feeling better. Or well, I'm feeling okay."

"But your eyes have changed." I stated, "How's that possible?"

"How the hell am I supposed to know that?!" she snapped.

"Have you asked Evan?" I suggested. She shook her head. "I'm not letting those guys touch me."

She stopped and had to catch some breath.

"Do you need some rest?" I asked. "We can sit down and eat something."

"Save it for the people who are not infected." she said as she began to walk again.

"God dammit Amy. I know you don't want the guys to take care of you." I raised my voice little, "But we made a pact and I am holding myself to it. So sit down."

"Ugh I hate you Elle." she sighed as she sat down on a treetrunk and sighed.

"I don't care." I said as I handed her some water and a piece of bread.

"Shit my bandages are all bloody and gross." she mentioned as she took a bite of her bread.

The guys were all sitting near us, close enough to warn us if something happened, but not close enough to hear us talk.

I got up and grabbed my rucksack to look for more bandages. I carefully grabbed Amy's arm and got rid of the filthy bandages.

"Don't touch me." she mumbled. "Too late anyways." I stated as I changed the bandages.

Everyone was quiet for a while and Amy was asleep.

I heard a noise from behing me and Amy and I quickly turned to the lads, who had heard it too.

I beckoned Evan and I asked him to keep an eye on her as I grabbed my bow and tensioned it. I saw Josh and Pete next to me as we went looking for the thing that made the noise.

Luckily it was just one braindead one, so I let Josh and Pete take care of it. They did need training, right?

I hurried back to Ross, Evan and Amy and checked on her. She was awake and giggling a little.

"What's with her?" I asked Evan.

He shrugged, "No idea."

He and Ross went back to their spot again and I turned to Amy, "Something wrong?"

"Nope." she smiled a little. "Can we go on now?"

I nodded and helped her up. She quickly put her arms around me and gave me a hug. "Don't tell anyone that I did that."

I chuckled, "Sure thing."

Pete and Josh came walking back from their 'fight' and I was happy to see they survived.

"Why did you leave us?" Josh panted.

"I figured you two could use the training." I said as I quickly pecked Pete's lips and walked off.

Amy was good on her own, but Josh did run over to her but kept his distance.

I put my bow on my back again and took Pete's hand, when suddenly Evan said: "Guys, we're almost there!"