Chapter 16

Estelle's P.O.V.

I immediately looked the way the noise came from. Everyone was ready to attack if needed.

"Wait." Evan stated, as he lowered his gun and walked up front.

"Evan?" the man asked with disbelieve.

"Dad..." Evan said as he run up to him.

The man pulled Evan into a firm hug and started crying a little.

We saw the two of them talk. Evan was wiping away some tears and had never look so happy. The two of them walked towards us and Evan cleared his throat.

"Guys. This is my dad, Niall." he said as he scratched the back of his head.

Niall smiled and gave us a wave.

"How did you.. find us?" Pete asked.

Niall told us the whole story. From the beginning, where he and Evan were still together. The moment that he hid Evan in a building, but got attacked by zombies. Niall got rescued by a group of trained people, who took him to their camp and fixed him. From then on, he had been looking for his son for days, weeks, months. He had heard people talking about a lab that was still running and knowing that his son was a clever guy, he was hoping to meet him by the lab.

He's been there, seen that everyone was murdered or left for dead. He had found a note that someone had written just befire they got attacked. It showed the way to the second lab. Niall had been getting weaker, so wasn't that fast anymore. He'd been resting by a creek when he heard us talking. He didn't even know that his son was close, but he wanted to get us safe to the lab.

"That's quite a story." Ross said as he gave Niall some food and water before we all headed off.

Niall and Evan were up front, talking happily. I was so glad that Evan had found his dad again. It was a little miracle in this hell of a world.

"Guys, can we stop for a moment?" Ross asked quietly. Evan and Niall turned around, Pete looked at me and I nodded. We all sat down on the ground, grabbed something to drink or eat.

Amy tried to let Josh lean against a tree, but it was pretty hard. Josh didn't look well at all.

"Mimi, shouldn't you get some rest?" I asked her carefully.

"No!" she stated, "Josh is the one that needs rest. But apparently you pay way too much attention to Pete to see that Josh is sick!"

"Amy, I-" I started, but she cut me off; "You only care about people you like to have around, that are useful to you."

"That's not true Amy." I snapped back, "You know that's not true."

She glared at me, "You only wanted to keep me alive, because I saved your ass many times. You only wanted Evan around because he is smart and might keep you alive as well. Oh and you wanna keep Pete around because he's fucking you."

"Fuck's sake Amy, that's bullshit!" I yelled. "I want you alive, because you're my best friend!"

"Maybe you two should keep it down a little?" Emma carefully asked.

"Shut up!" Amy snapped at her, "You're not allowed to say anything right now."

I got up and walked over to Amy, "Amy, please get some rest."

"Don't tell me what to do." she hissed at me. "Why don't you just leave hm? Would be better for everyone."

"Amy, calm down." Pete said as he got up.

"No Pete." she said, "I've had enough of this. Do you wanna know who she really is hm?"

"Amy don't." I said to her.

"Do you all want to know nice she is?" she raised her voice, "I'll tell you!"

I grabbed her by her shoulders and practically begged, "Amy please don't."

"Estelle thinks Ross is slowing us down." Amy stated as she looked at Ross. "So she's planning on killing him soon."