Chapter 12

Estelle's P.O.V.

"You still suck at sports." Amy chuckled as I sat down on the grass. "Good to see that hasn't changed."

I stuck out my tongue and let myself fall back on the grass. Or what was left of it. The weather was actually nice for a change, not too many clouds and quite a bit sunlight.

"Pete, hit us up with on of your lamest jokes." Josh said as he put his arm around Amy again.

Pete sat up straight and cleared his throath, "Okay. What kind of bees make milk?"

"Boobees!" Evan and Ross shouted together.

I chuckled and looked at Amy who she tried to hold her laugh. But she couldn't.

"That was fucking awful!" She cried of laughter.

Pete was looking all proud of himself and looked at me for a reaction.

"Sorry babe, that was terrible." I chuckled and placed a kiss on his lips.

"My joke was legendary! No kisses for you anymore." He stated, pretending to be hurt.

"Like I care." I snorted and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

Amy chuckled, "You did it Pete. Now she won't kiss you until you admit your joke was terrible."

He looked at me and I nodded.

"Fine. We'll see who gives up first." he smirked.

"Talking about kissing, look at Ross and Emma." Josh said as he pointed to them. They were standing against a tree and were making out like we weren't even there. It was funny, but also kinda cute.

Evan sighed, "Great, more kissing. I'm forever alone."

Amy looked at me and wiggled her eyebrows and I knew exactly what she meant with that. The two of us got up and quickly walked over to Evan and pressed a quick kiss both of his cheeks.

"That was not what I was going for, but I'll gladly take it." He said, with a very confused face.

"I think we need to get moving again." Josh said after a while.

"Yeah, we're almost out of food." Amy stated as she got up. "So hopefully we'll find a supermarket or something soon."

Emma and Ross joined us, looking all innocent and Evan asked Emma which direction we should go in. Emma and Ross lead the way, Evan behind them, Amy and Josh behind him and Pete and I behind them.

"Hey but can I still hold your hand?" Pete suddenly asked me.

"Uh yeah." I smiled. "You can do whatever you want as long as you don't kiss me. Or do, but then you lost!"

He took my hand and interlocked out fingers. "Whatever I want?"

I rolled my eyes and looked at the smirk on his face, "Sure."

Ross' P.O.V.

I was holding Emma's hand and listened to her talking about the things she loved to do before all of this happened.

"Do you think this will ever end?" she asked me.

"I sure hope so." I said honestly and squeezed her hand a little.

She looked at me and smiled, "Will we still be together after this all ends?"

I leaned in to give her a quick kiss, "Of course."

Behind me I heard Evan curse, so I stopped and turned around, "What happened?"

"Tripped over a fucking zombie leg that was laying around." he said, slightly annoyed. "Also, I'm hungry."

I snorted, "We all are. But I have some beef jerky left. Want it?"

He looked up and grinned, "Yeah."

I chuckled and shook my head as I opened my backpack and searched for Evan's food.

He stuffed it in his mouth so quick, that I didn't even notice it was gone.

"Evan, for such a tiny guy you do eat really fast!" Emma chuckled as she came standing next to me.

Evan shrugged and we went to catch up with the rest of the group.

"What did you like to do?" Emma asked me.

"Uhm I played some instruments. And I like to sing." I admitted.

"Can I hear some time?" she smiled. I couldn't say no to that cute face of hers.

I bit my lower lip, "Sure. Some day!"

I looked in front of me and saw Pete and Estelle laughing about something and it looked like Amy and Josh were arguing again. Josh tried to hug Amy, but as stubborn as she was, she wouldn't let him. She walked in front of Josh and I knew he was checking her out. Typical Josh. Seeing them act so 'normal' gave me hope for the future though. A future that I would share with them and for sure with Emma.