Chapter 8

Estelle's P.O.V.

"Mimi come back!" I shouted.

"Amy please!" Josh shouted next to me.

She didn't turn back and we saw her running into the woods, dissapearing.

"I'm going after her." I stated. "Take care of Emma guys."

I handed Ross my baseball bat and walked up to Pete.

"I'm coming with you." he said.

I sighed, "Fine. But you have to let me do whatever it takes to get Amy back."

"We'll try to stay out of sight, but so that you can still find us." Evan said and I nodded.

"Elle, let me-" Josh began, but I cut him off. "No Josh. Ev, Ross and Emma need you."

"Amy needs me too." he snapped back at me.

"I know. But you know how she is by now." I stated as calm as I could. "I'd be lucky if she lets me help her right now."

"Get her back." he said as I turned around and followed Amy's trail with Pete right behind me.

"Shit, I see blood." I said, after what seemed like an hour, and pointed at the side of a tree.

"It looks fresh." Pete stated as he frowned.

"Look for a body or something. Anything!" I panicked as I looked around. I saw several piles of what seemed to be bodies, but I had no idea if it were just zombies or if Amy was there too.

I fell down and my knees and started crying, "No, this can't be. It's all my fault."

"Hey, it's not your fault." Pete said as he got down next to me, pulling me close to him. "Do you wanna go back, see if she walked back to the others?"

"No I need to find her." I sobbed. "I need Amy."

I knew that I was getting too emotional and too weak to continue my search, but I also knew I didn't want to give up and go back.

"Estelle, I'm going to bring you back to the others and I'm taking Evan with me and search for Amy again, okay?" Pete said as he helped me up.

I was an emotional mess and everything that happened was starting to affect me right now.

"I need Amy." I cried into Pete's shirt. He put his arm round me and we slowly walked towards the group. "I know, love. We're going to find her." he tried to comfort me.

"What happened? Did you find her?" Josh asked as soon as we got back. Pete shook his head, "No, but Estelle's about to collapse."

He put me on the ground and I leaned my back against a tree. "I need her." I mumbled.

"Evan, you're coming with me. Josh, take care of her." Pete commanded.

Evan got up and got ready to go while Josh sat down next to me.

"Ross, where are you going?" Emma asked a few minutes later.

He didn't answer her and run off to the right.

"Josh? Estelle? What do we do?" she asked us.

Josh sighed, "Not much. He'll be fine. Get some rest Emma. You've been up too long, you'll need it."

I felt Emma sitting down next to me and I put my blanket over her legs. "Here ya go."

"What about you?" she asked concerned.

"I don't need it. I'm not sleeping until Amy's back." I stated.

It was getting a little dark and I was hoping everyone would return to us alive. Josh had made a small campfire. Big enough to keep us warm and small enough to not draw attention.

It took a while, but suddenly we heard some noise to the left of us. Evan and Pete were walking towards us, out of breath and both covered in blood.

"Did you find Amy?" I immediately asked and got up.

Pete shook his head, "I'm sorry."

I felt myself getting weak again and I started sobbing.

"Where is Ross?" Evan asked.

"Why the hell would I care." I yelled as I walked off. I needed some time alone. Away from everyone. Maybe this wouldn't have happened if I didn't want the guys to stay with us. Amy was more important to me than anyone.

After a few second, I heard some footsteps and I turned my head to where the noise was coming from. I grabbed my bow, but before tensioning it I saw who it was.

"Ross, why the fuck did you walk off?" I hissed at him as I walked over to him. I saw that he was carrying something on his back.

Or actually, someone.

He had found Amy.