Chapter 2

Estelle's P.O.V.

"I'll take it from here." I said to Pete as soon as I walked into the room. We all decided to take turns to watch the place and Amy and I volunteered to go last.

"Uh yeah okay." he said as he got up from the couch. The lads barely had anything to defend themselves with and I kind of felt sorry for them. But then again, Amy and I made a pact that we would only trust each other.

"Good night." I mumbled as I took his place and put my baseball bat next to me.

"Good night." Pete gave me a little smile as he walked off to the 'bedroom'. Which was nothing but a small space with some matresses on it. Maybe a couple of blankets too.

A few minutes after he left, I saw Amy walking towards me. "We're going now."

I sighed, "Do we have to? I feel bad for leaving them."

"Elle, I know you don't want to do this. But we have to." Amy said, packing her things.

She reached out her hand and I took it and got up.

"But-" I said but Amy cut me off; "They'll only slow us down."

I sighed again, "You're right, Mimi."

The two of us went outside and continued our trip to the munitions factory. The sun was about to come up and we had to get out before the lads found out we left them.

It took us about an hour to get there, luckily Amy knew the route.

"Shit." Amy mumbled as she quickly pushed me into the bushes and got next to me.

"Those fucking braindead ones are everywhere." I said. "What are we going to do?"

There were only a handful of zombies, we could handle them. As long as they were the only ones around.

Amy looked concerned, but I knew she was trying to think of something.

Her face was serious, but she gave me a little smirk. Meaning that she had a plan.

"Okay, tell me what to do." I stated.

"You're the only one with some wort of weapon, since I left my chair behind." Amy said with a tiny chuckle. "So I need you to go right and kind of distract them. Make some noise, smash their heads, I don't care how. Just do it."

I nodded and waited for her to continue.

"Then I'll go to the left and try to open the exit door." she said. "Let's hope they're not inside."

"Okay. I can do that." I smiled. "Just be careful and let me in as quick as you can."

I gave her a quick hug and walked off to the front gate of the factory as she went to the right side.

As soon as I saw Amy get behind the walls, I started making some noise by swinging my bat against the metal gate.

"Please let those be the only ones around." I whispered to myself as I saw them turn around and walk over to me.

As far as I could see and hear, there were no other ones outside right now. So I sprinted to the side of the group zombies and started smashing into their heads.

I wasn't afraid of blood and violence, I'd seen lots of movies and played many video games, but doing it yourself was awful. I hated it. But we had to survive somehow.

After what seemed like hours, the front doors of the factory opened and Amy's head peeked out. I looked around me and made sure everything was dead before running over to her.

"Here ya go." Amy said as she handed me a handkerchief.

I wiped some blood off my face and put the handkerchief in my pocket. "Is it safe?"

She shrugged, "As far as i know it is. It's pretty big and there are some doors I couldn't open. Let's hope for the best."

Amy walked off to one of the rooms as I follwed her. The factory was filled with all kinds of weapons; guns, swords, pocket knives and even some bows.

We just hit the jackpot.

"Okay I don't care what you grab, just grab something!" I panted. I was still out of breath because of a few minutes ago. I saw Amy walking around the room and she immediately grabbed a shot gun.

"Now this I like!" she grinned.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "So is there ammo as well or are we just not that lucky today?"

"Actually there it. Next room." she smiled, "Luckiest day of our lives."

I grabbed my baseball bat and looked around in the room while Amy also grabbed a machete. Great choice.

I was looking at a bow and nodded, "Exactly what I was hoping to find." I took it andswung the tube with arrows on my shoulder.

"Going all Katniss hmm?" Amy joked.

"Always." I stated as I did the three-fingers salute to her.

Amy went to the otehr room and filled her ammo as I picked out a handgun and a knife. I decided to keep my baseball bat as well.

"What the fuck was that?" Amy asked as she ran into the room.

"What??" I panicked a little.

"I heard a noise. And it didn't sound like zombie noises." she answered.

"Alright, get ready." I said as I grabbed my baseball bat and walked quietly to the door and opened it to reveal who or what was in the factory.