Ch.5

*Kevens Prov.*

I'm going to kill him.

We walked in this morning to find Jim dead and Carrie gone.

This is what they must've been planning for two months. How could I have been so blind.

I will find them, and I'll kill them.

*Nathan's Prov.*

"Jim, he's my brother."

"What!?!" Carrie said clearly surprised.

"He was, he was my brother. We used to be real close. He went to boarding school. We'd see each other every time he came home for break.

My mom died giving birth to me. When I was twelve my dad killed himself. Jim blamed me. He's hated me ever since."

"Oh, I'm so sorry. It wasn't your fault."

"It was. My dad blamed me moms death and even when he died he said I was responsible for both of their deaths. My brother said the same."

"They were wrong."she said. I didn't answer. I had just finished off the last bit of family I had.

*****

*Carries Prov.*

We climbed the tallest tree to the very top and slept on the limbs. Well, tried. I doubt anyone could sleep if they had someone after them. Or if you had to kill your brother to save a friend.

Poor Nathan. He never had anyone there for him. For some reason I felt the need to be that person to be there for him. Through good and trough bad.

I don't understand this. God you have a weird way of working.

I sighed and Nathan turned toward me.

"Can't sleep either?"

"Nope." I answered.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Putting all my burdens on your shoulders."

"It's okay." I said. I wanted to tell him could put everything on my shoulders and I put everything on his and we could share the burdens. Forever. But I thought maybe he'd take the wrong way.

He climbed over to the limb closest to me. He stuck out his hand. I took it. As if on cue we closed our eyes and went to sleep.

We woke up still holding hands. I have him a smile and he sent one back.We climbed down and started east.

"Wait, are you taking me home?"I asked.

"No! Are you crazy? That's the first place they will check."

"What about my mom?"

"Crap. We will have to go get her."

"Why is she in danger?"

"Yes. Keven will use her against you."

"We'll its a good thing I know where we are then,huh? Follow me."

"Hello, I know where you live. I stalked you for eight weeks."

"Oh yeah. Don't remind me."

"So, what's your mom like."

"Well, don't you know. I mean you stalked me for eight weeks."

"Yeah I stalked you, not her."

"I don't talk to her much."

"Why not."

"She worries to much."

"About what?"

"Me, killing myself like everyone thinks my sister did."

"Oh. So she's to obsessive."

"Pretty much. We're here." I said looking at my house. The lights were off and it was 2:30pm. Mom normally writes right about now.

We walked to the door and peeked in. The place was a wreck. Things were scattered and broken.

There was one clean spot in the middle with a price of paper in the center.

I snatched up the paper already knowing what it said. Five simple words.

"Come back or she dies."

____________________________________________________________

This was a boring chapter I know there always a few.

~Nancy

Starlight Saga