Chapter 19

I woke up on the bed in the room me and Jess were in last night.

I was laying at the top and next to me was Jess, but he had decided to lay down the opposite way. I smiled to myself and I don't know why. It just ended up there.

I shook my head and crawled out of bed.

Jess moaned and rolled over. He looked at me sat up.

"Morning."

"Morning." I agreed.

"What day is it?" he asked.

"It's...... um..... I'm not sure." I said.

"Funny how we lost touch with civilization like we did. No more grocery shopping, hunting. No more fighting, murdering. No IPhones, now we read, the newspaper, when we can steal a glance of the ones in the machines."

I nodded. Something in that sentence haunted me. The way he had said 'Murdering' so casually.

Well, he has been on this journey longer than me.

I thought be and calculated how long I have been on this journey.

It must be around ten months.

I can't wait for it to end so I can go back to civilization.

Suddenly something horrible hit me.

Will it ever go back to normal? Could I go to jail for murder?

I shook off the thoughts and looked at Jess.

He had been watching me. He looked at me like he wanted to say something, but he must have decided against it because he bit his lip and turned away.

We decided to go downstairs and find some food. We left the room and headed down the stairs.

I walked to the bottom and looked up.

Nathan was standing there with a look of regret on his face. I figured it was because he left me and walked up to him.

"What are you doing here?"I asked.

"Listen Carrie, I do love you, but I am in debt. I thought if I ran away and his you would be safe. " He said.

"What are you hiding?"I asked.

"I'm sorry. The trip ends today. My debt will be paid off and-"

"What are you talking about?" Jess said stepping into the conversation.

Suddenly about fifteen men with guns came out of their hiding places.

My eyes must have been as big as saucers. I whipped my head around to face Nathan.

"You sold us out?"

Nathan looked away while the men tied Jess and I up.

After they were finished they shoved us forward and said, "MOVE!"

I wasn't prepared and I fell. The man grabbed me by my hair and yanked me up.

Jess jerked his head to face the man, but we both knew he'd get much worse if he said anything.

The men took us outside to a van just like the last one they put us in. Keven stood by the back doors. He didn't say anything, he just walked up to us and stared at us for a few seconds.

Suddenly he hit me. He threw his fat fist directly in my face.

Jess tried to break free but was pulled back. My weight started to make my knees give out.

I looked at Nathan and he jut stood there.

My eyes started to fill with tears. I kept telling myself that I couldn't cry, but a tear fell and keven wiped it away.

"Never disobey me again. And don't kill my men. "I shook his hand away from me and spit in his face.

"Never ruin my life again. And don't kill my family."He clenched his jaw and turned to Jess.

"You will be hung tomorrow." He said to Jess. Jess just looked down.

They shoved us in the back of the van and locked us in. Of course this was after they tied our hands.

I looked at Jess, who was staring at the floor, and whispered, "We're getting out arn't we?"

He shook his head and gulped as if strained.

"I don't know this time. "

________________________________________________

I think that's a good place to stop.

The next chapter will probably be the longest. It will be the last one.

Sorry for the long wait.

Thankz for reading.

~StarlightSaga