Ch.6

*Nathan's Prov.*

"What's it say?" I asked Carrie. She simply handed me the paper.

"Come back or she dies."

"What am I supposed to do. I don't want her involved. What if they kill her. If we go back they'll kill us all. "She said, her voice cracking.

"Hey," I said holding her to me. "Don't worry. Trust me. Carrie. You trust me don't you?" I asked her looking at her teared up eyes. The tears threatening to spill over.

"Yes, I do trust you. " she said as tears forced their way over. She bit her bottom lip and hugged me so tight I couldn't breathe. I didn't mind though.

"It's okay. We will get her back. "I said patting her head softly whispering in her ear.

It hurt me to see her like that. So innocent but hurt so much. I'll kill him if I have to. For hurting her so much.

I really love her. I do. I killed my brother and turned against my best friend. Now I'll kill my best friend for her. I will do anything for her.

I held her tighter and began to plan.

*Carrie's Prov.*

I held tightly to Nathan as he patted my head. I'm pretty sure I was squashing him but I was scared. What was I supposed to do?

He suddenly tightened his grip on me and I leaned in more.

"How 'bout we rest here. Well move out tonight. Ready to start a life of crime, 'cause that's where we're headed." He said.

I wondered why we don't do something now, but I trust him so I didn't ask. I just nodded and stepped away.

He laid down on the clean spot, grabbed a blanket, and patted the spot beside him.

I rested my head on his arm and closed my eyes. Even though my mom, me, and Nathan was in danger I felt safe enough in his arms to sleep, despite all that. I covered up and went to to sleep.

*kevens Prov."

We have her mom.

"So, do you like it here. Oh! You wondering what your here for right? Well, your daughter. Both of them actually. Emily?Shes the past. Carrie?" I asked letting out an evil laugh. "Now she is something. Not only is she pretty, smart, and thoughtful. She's a challenge. If I marry her I have power. You may not know this but she is a direct descendant from one of the most powerful elders in this counties past. People, when they find out they will bow down to us as we walk by. Don't worry. Ill make her happy. She will learn to love me. Or I can kill her just like I did Emily. " I said then looked at Mary's face. Surprise and anger.

"Oh, you didn't know? Well then I have a lot to explain. Carrie already knows I figured you did to. Anyway, yeah I tried Emily, she seemed so happy that she would let the good get in the way of the danger. Boy, was I right. Things were going great. Then she broke up with me. I hated her. I saw Carrie and how beautiful she was, then I saw how not gullible she was. I thought it would be a little harder to fool her. But turns out I won't need to. I have you. If she turns me down three times I will kill you. Then I'll kill Nathan and take her." I finished with yet another evil laugh.

I looked at Mary's chained feet and hands and gagged mouth and smiled. I love hurting people. Once I marry Carrie. Ill beat her so bad when she disobeys and I will take advantage of that. Ill be a king were ever I go. And she, will be my servant.

*Nathans Prov."

" I slowly got up and searched for anything we might need. She has a knife, I have a gun. I went to the kitchen and grabbed another knife and put it in an old backpack I found. I searched the house for a gun too.