Ch.7

*Carries Prov.*

I crawled over to my mom and closed her eyes. I could cry later. We had to leave before the others got here and saw this.

This white room covered in red.

Nathan ran over to me and picked me up. Holding me gently so he didn't hurt my leg. The bullet was stuck in the front. of thigh. He held me in his arms like a princess and walked out the door like nothing ever happened.

He looked down at me and smile. Then as if reading my thoughts.

"Wouldn't want people wondering, would we. Right now we just look like a happy couple." He said.

"Yeah." I said. Not even bothering to smile back. How could I. I had killed three people and my mom was killed in front of me. My leg was pouring the blood and I felt nothing.

I did care that so many people fried on my account and I wanted to cry, but I couldn't. Really I felt numb.

Nathan's smile dropped and he began to run. Where to you ask? No clue. I didn't care really. I just wanted to sleep.

I let my eyes slid closed.

"Carrie, stay awake. You lost to much blood. Carrie? SHOOT!

*Nathan's Prov.*

I was holding her in my arms when I realized she had gone to sleep. Her leg! I looked down to see it was leaving a trail of blood.

"Carrie stay awake. You lost to much blood Carrie? SHOOT!" I said. I started searching for a place to lay her down and fix her up.

Trees trees trees. Rocks. Did I mentions I ran into the woods?

Wait rocks! There was a cave nearby. I remember finding it with Keven. We had been fooling around when we were younger and came to a cave.

We had been scared that a bear was inside so we ran away. Of course we came back when we were older a few times.

I finally came to the cave and ran inside. I was tired because I had ran this far, but she needed help.

'All I can do right now is stop the bleeding' I thought to myself looking down at my shirt.

I took it off and wrapped up her leg. Then I picked her up and started running again.

***

I found a rental cabin and laid her on the bed. I was about to start cleaning her gun wound so I could take out the bullet when she started talking.

"Nathan?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't leave."

"I would never leave you Carrie. I love you." I answered, whispering it in her ear.

She smiled and I smiled back.

*Carries Prov.*

"Nathan?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't leave."

"I would never leave you Carrie. I love you."

I smiled happy that he said he loved me.

*****

I woke up due to extreme pain from Nathan cleaning my wound. It hurt like, something, but I didn't scream or fight. I knew he was doing this for me.

"I'm going to take out the bullet now. " he said. "You might want to look away."

I did as I was told and turned my head. He started to get it out and I screwed up my face and sucked in a mouthful of air so I wouldn't scream.

"All done." He said.

"Thank god." I said as he wrapped it up. I noticed that since it was near my thigh, my pants were rolled up higher than what I feel comfortable in.

I blushed and quickly started rolling down my pants. Getting a chuckle from Nathan.

"Oh, shut up. If it were you you'd roll the down to. "

"Whatever. By the way. Nice legs." He said with a smirk. I glared at him and sat up. I winced at the pain in my leg and leaned back a little.

Nathan sat down beside and we sat there for a while before looking at each other and laying down. I curled up on my good leg and pulled up the blankets.

Suddenly Nathan scooted closer to me and wrapped me in his arms. My heart sped a little at his touch, but I liked the way he calmed me. I leaned into him and closed my eyes.

*Nathan's Prov.*

"Whatever. By the way, nice legs." I said with a smirk. I wasn't lying either. They really were nice.

She glared at me and sat up. At least tried she tried but the pain in her leg forced her to lay back down.

I eased my way next to her and wrapped my arms around her. She leaned into me a little making me jump from surprise, but then she started crying.

"I killed them. I waited this long and now I'm all alone. My mom is gone and so is what I've obsessed about for three years. I have no idea what I'm going to do. I've ruined my whole life. This isn't right. "She said as her voice grew louder with each word.

"It's okay. I'm here for you."

"No, don't. I don't want to care for anyone anymore. They will just be taken away because nothing good ever last and neither does the bad. Nothing last and I can't, I don't want to hurt anymore."

"Carrie, I will be there for you in the good and bad. Always." I said tears forming in my eyes. I never cry. Ever. What is wrong with me.

"No! Stop! You will either leave or be taken from my grip. I do not want hurt. Please just leave." She said pushing me away.

"Carrie, you don't really want that. I know you don't. Your just scared. "I said pulling her close.

"No! It is what I want. Go away. Go away, Nathan. Stop! Go away!" She said hitting my chest with all her might. It hurt but I just held her there.

She stopped squirming and just simply cried.

"Nathan please don't go."

"I won't. I would never do that to the girl I love." I said. Oh gosh did I say that out loud.

She looked up at me, tears running down her cheeks. "Good. By the way, I love you to. So promise me, you'll stay by my side forever." She said.

"Forever."

____________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry for taking so long I just had to get back in my writing mood.

~Nancy

Starlight Saga