Ch.11

*Jess's Prov.*

He swooped her up and walked out the door.

"I-I can w-walk on my own." She said with a stubborn face.

"Tsk, whatever." He said putting her down.

"Carrie?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Who is he?" I said pointing my finger at the strange man.

"H-hey! Don't point fingers. He's Nathan." She said. She's clearly in shock. To be honest, so am I. One minute we were sitting in the dark all alone, then next thing you know we were fighting for our lives. Then this man shows up and starts fight along side us. Carrie is an innocent girl and this is probably one of the first fights she's ever been in.

I wonder just what Keven was going to do with her.

I shook my head and started walking.

"Hey wait!" Carrie shouted.

"What?" I said turning around.

"Where are you going?"

"Isn't it obvious? He's leaving." Nathan said poking his nose in the conversation. I just met this guy, but I already dont like him.

"Is that true?" She asked.

"Yes. If you ever need anything just yell."

"Okay." She said nodding. "Bye."

"See ya." I said. And with that I took off.

*Carries Prov.*

I watched him run off.

"Come on." I heard from behind me. I turned back around and walked slightly behind him.

"Never leave my sight again." He said. I nodded. Normally I would agree and run up to him, but when I thought about it, it didn't seem right.

'It's just because you haven't seen him in a while.' I assured myself.

I nodded as though to convince myself of its truth and tried to focus on we're we would go,but my thoughts were jumbled and u couldn't focus on anything. My vision was blurry on and off and I felt weak in the knees, but I forced myself to continue.

*****

We finally reached a new place to hide. A cave. It was cold and damp, but was shelter and protection.

Nathan had scoped out the place as soon as we got here.

As soon as he said it was okay I curled up ready to go to sleep. My head was heavy and my vision was still blurry. I felt weak and tired.

I closed my eyes and my breathing slowed. I felt Nathan curl up next to me before I fell completely asleep.

****

*Nathans Prov.*

I woke up and shook Carrie slightly to wake her up.

She wouldn't wake up. I looked at her and shook her a little harder.

"Carrie wake up." I said becoming concerned. "Carrie, come on. This isn't funny. Wake up."

I shook her rather roughly.

She didn't wake up. I felt her forehead. She was burning up.

I pulled a few things out of my backpack.

I started treating her.

"Please be okay."

____________________________________________________

Hope you like the cliff hanger.

;P

Enjoy.

~Nancy

Starlight Saga

SealitWater