if only

|| AU ||

ALMOST 300 READS OMG! i started like 6 days ago like thank you so much guys!! anyways, enjoy both the chapter and cowan's hug. okay riarkle but still cute.

~~

- Rowan's POV -

As I was greeted by G, I noticed Sabrina walk away. What was up with her? Another thing was, Peyton actually went with her. I don't think she invited him or anything since she just left like that. Does Peyton like her?

But, Corey actually stayed and joined my conversation with G. That was when I thought about him. Corey Fogelmanis. I never actually realised, but, he has always been with me this whole time. The way he expresses his gratitude towards our friendship was really sweet. How could I never notice him?

I decided to let go of my thoughts and focused on what was up with Sabrina.

" I am so sorry, G, but Corey and I really have to go talk to Sabrina and Peyton, " I told her.

" We do? " Corey asked me, obviously confuse upon my sudden decision to leave the conversation.

I kicked his leg, trying my very best to not catch G's attention, " Yeah, it's very important, " I told her once more. She looked at Corey.

" Yeah, we have to talk to them like, right now, " he tried to convince her after realising the situation.

" Oh, okay then. Anyways, Happy Birthday, Row! " she hugged me. I, of course, hugged her back and left the scene straight afterwards while pulling Corey's arm. Unfortunately, he managed to stop the both of us.

" What was that for? " he asked me.

" I need to talk to Sabrina, " I explained to him.

" Why? " he asked again. I was getting annoyed with all of these questions.

" Something is up, again, " I explained and pulled him towards Peyton and Sabrina.

Once we reached them, Sabrina just smiled at me. Peyton kept on looking at her, with pity. I need to know what was going on.

" Brin, what's going on? " I asked her.

" Nothing. I was getting dizzy from the commotion of the area, " she said.

I looked at Peyton, facing us, but not leaving his eyes of Sabrina.

" Oh. Do you need some pills or something I have some in my pur- , " as I was about to dig through my purse to find some pills for Sabrina, Peyton cut me off.

" No, she doesn't need anything. But what she does need is to learn to tell the truth and not keep it all in every single time, " he got fired up.

" Peyton, stop, " she held his shoulder, hoping for him to stop.

" Wait what's going on? " I asked Peyton.

" You don't know? " he asked me back.

" No? Sabrina, what happened? " I turned to Sabrina. She kept on looking down.

" G was the one Bradley cheated on Sabrina with, " Peyton explained to me.

" Wait, how did you know? " I asked him.

" He notices everything, " Sabrina finally spoke up.

She wiped her waterline to prevent tears from coming out.

" Anyways, tonight's the night when our little RowBoat here turns 14 and is supposed to be the happiest night of her life. So, we are going to have fun, while the night is still young, " Sabrina looked at me, smiling. I went ahead and hugged her.

" Happy Birthday Rowan, " she whispered in my ear.

" Thank you, Sabrina. Now let's dance! " I pulled Corey to the dance floor.

Surprisingly, I chose Corey over Peyton. Maybe this was what he did with me and Sabrina. How have I never noticed him? Was I that obsessed with Peyton that I forgot my own best friend who stuck by me?

I looked over Corey's shoulder. Peyton and Sabrina were dancing along to the song 'The Night Is Still Young' by Nicki Minaj. They looked happy. And then I looked at Corey, the one who stayed by me.

- Sabrina's POV -

" Thanks for staying by me the whole night, Huckleberry, " I thanked him.

" I'm always here for you. You, do know that right? " he asked, nervously.

" Of course I do. I notice your actions everyday, " I laughed.

" Actions as in good or bad? " he asked, stopping as well.

I rolled my eyes, (chorus starts) " Relax, huckleberry. I like you alot. I see your flaws as imperfections that make you human, " I grabbed his hand and started dancing.

I meant it. I really meant it when I said that I liked him.

He looked down, smiling, " I like you too. Please, don't ever let other people bring you down, " he lifted my chin up for me to stare into his eyes.

I was speechless at first, until I replied, " I'll try my best, Peyton, "

I then hugged him and slow danced to the chorus.

- Sabrina and Peyton's POV -

Oh Huckleberry/Brin, if only you knew what I really meant what I said back there.

- Corey's POV -

" You still like him don't you? " I asked Rowan after noticing the few glances she gave Peyton and Sabrina.

" What? " she asked me back.

" You still like him, don't you? " I asked her again. Even if hat question broke my heart.

" I- I'm not sure. I mean look at them, " she pointed towards Peyton and Sabrina talking, " They look so happy. And when I see them, I don't know if I actually like him for me, or for Sabrina, " she turned back to me.

" What do you mean by that? " I was confused.

" I like him for his perfection. But Sabrina notices his flaws, unlike me. Maybe my love for him is covered by his book cover that I never really notice that he does indeed have flaws. While Sabrina has read his book, " she explained to me.

" Oh, " I just said that as a reply, and looked down.

She lifted my chin up, " Corey, I never noticed you. But now I have. I love you, Corey. Please don't ever change, " and with that, she hugged me. And, of course, being the guy who is in love with her, hugged back.

We rested our heads on each others neck, " I love you too, " I indirectly admitted to her.

If only she knew.

- Rowan's POV -

Do I like Corey? He has been the sweetest guy to me, yet, I never notice him. I'm not sure what I am feeling now.

~~

THERE

LONGEST.CHAPTER.EVER.

anyways, chickenmcspicy is writing a riarkle fanfic which is FUCKING CUTE

AND I wrote almost a chapter for her, so i feel that she deserves some love too so GO SUPPORT HER

xoxo,

daddy