leaning in

|| AU ||

i ship cowan but i am not exactly cowan trash so i asked my dearest cowan trash , chickenmcspicy, to help me out.. the parts that are crappier than my face are mine and the parts that shine bright like beyonce's ass are hers.. enjoy :)

~~

- Rowan's POV -

" Next pair ! " the worker shouted.

I faced Corey, " You ready? "

" I am, but my seven year old self isn't, " he managed to sneak in a joke before we went in.

I rolled my eyes as we entered the mansion. The theme was Friday The 13th so it was scarier than the last time I went in here.

I heard the door slam shut behind us as Corey and I jumped in fear. We looked at each other, scared and nodded our heads to agree on continuing this mansion.

" Okay, this is very detailed, " I looked around.

" I honestly feel that I owe you guys 10 bucks, " he looked at me.

" Haha, I told youaaaahhh!! " I got stopped by a scarer.

Both Corey and I clinged our arms together, tightly, while jumping and screaming.

" Okay, this is not what I expected! " I exclaimed as we continued walking.

As we entered a maze-like hallway, I started to get chills in bones. Goosebumps wee beginning too appear.

" I'm scared, " I looked at Corey.

He looked at me as he replied me with a hug, "There's nothing to fear Rowan" Corey whispered into my ear while he gently patted my back.

I hugged him tightly as all my fears turned pointless. I finally felt safe and warm in his arms. This was the kind of feeling I always wanted to have when I was around Peyton, but I never felt this before.

That was when I realised, I do need Corey. Corey Fogelmanis, the guy that was always there but I never noticed him.

"I love you, Corey" it slipped out.

I suddenly froze upon realising that my thoughts and emotions accidentally slipped out of my mouth.

"I love you too, Rowan" he smiled lovingly.

It finally clicked to me that I actually do have genuine romantic feelings towards Corey. We interlocked our fingers throughout the whole Haunted Mansion and never let go despite the scares we encountered causing us to jump on the spot.

"Thank you for accompanying me to the Haunted Mansion" I thanked him as I gave a light peck on his cheek.

He blushed and grinned, "And thankyou to you too. Because of you, I kind of gotten over the fear of Haunted Houses,"

Our eyes locked on each other and our bodies touched. He leaned in for a kiss but suddenly froze and took a few steps behind. I was confused until I heard soft murmurs coming from behind.

I looked over my shoulder and sure it was Sabrina and Peyton grinning from ear to ear.

"It's the beginning of Cowan huh?" Sabrina said teasingly.

I scrunched my nose and narrowed my brows in reply, "Haha, funny"

"Well I'll leave you both some private time alone, right Peyton?" she tugged Peyton's shirt, indirectly telling him to say the same thing.

" Yeah, we'll leave you both alone" he smirked.

"Sabrina, don't leave me" I squeezed her hand tightly.

She immediately yanked my hand and blew me a kiss.

"See you guys soon! " she shouted.

"Yeah sure! " I shouted back.

I was then left alone with Corey. Neither of us looked like we were comfortable being alone around each other.

Both of our lips were sealed until Corey broke the silence, "Rowan I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to kiss you even though we didn't ended up kissing," he apologised.

I laughed at looked up at him,"It's okay. I was actually looking forward to the kiss"

"Me too" he looked down at me.

His eyes sparkled from the stars as he looked down at my lips. I too took a glance at his lips then eyes as we both started leaning in.

As our lips brushed against each other, he grabbed my face with his palms, as if I was his whole world and kissed me. I placed both of my hands on his shoulders and kissed back.

His lips were soft and sweet, just what I needed after the scaring.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before we pulled away.

"C-corey, i was just joking about looking forward to the kiss" I gasped.

"But I wasn't," he chuckled.

~~

WOAH BIG COWAN CHAPTER.

what happens next?

does rowan accept corey's offer on being his girlfriend? or does she not?

AND GUYS, 1.4K reads? That's amazing. Thanks, guys!

xoxo,

daddy.