Chapter 5

Gabriel bowed instantly and kept his head down, ''My lady you are out."

She smiled behind her head wrap. She reached out her hand to him for him to stand. Her eyes were a yellow-green color. Gabriel was going to escort her to her favorite place in the north-west garden, under the Tree of Eternal Life.

He stood up and held her hand. She walked out of the room and Gabriel sealed it shut, making no one except her could open it again.

She didn't say much to him. The animals gathered around her as they arrived at the tree. She sat at its roots and a tiger came and rested its head in her lap. It purred as she ran her fingers through its fur. "Gabriel," her voice was pleasant and sweet. "Why must you be so serious?" She moved her head wrap and it rested on her shoulders.

Gabriel looked at her, "Because you have to be protected. You are The Gem of the Heavens."

"I suppose," she smiled a little. "Is my father okay? He has not come to visit me in quite some time." A lion came and sat beside her and nudged its head under her arm. She wrapped her arm around the large creature.

"Father is busy. He is busy taking care of some errands," He looked at the sky. "Are you happy?"

She smiled, her eyes glistening, "Of course I am." She had long white hair that reached to the end of her spine. She had the same radiance as the Almighty. The reason for her nickname, The Gem, was because of her beauty and wings. She preferred to be called Eve but only her father was allowed to call her that.

He smiled and looked at her. "I can't wait to marry you. It's always been my dream to have you."

"Yes I remember," she smiled and the big cats growled at him for some strange reason. "Now, now, please don't growl. You must always be kind." She spoke to the cats and they stopped growling at him and started putting again.

She has never been on earth. She doesn't know anything of war or what goes on behind the gates. The Almighty made strict rules that He doesn't want Eve to be exposed to the "Real world."

Eve never disobeyed her father or the four archangels. Although, she enjoyed Michael's company more than Gabriel's but she understood why he was not around her much. Eve only knew of the good things in her life time. She knew nothing of what jealousy, sadness or anger were. She always kept a smile.

Gabriel sighed and look at her. ''Thinking of Michael I see."

"I summoned him today but he didn't come at the right time." She looked at him then looked up at the fruit on the tree. It always bore a sweet red fruit. She lifted her hand and one of the fruits fell into her hand. She took a bite out of it and giggled while she chewed. "I was getting hungry while in my room." The tiger and lion got up and raced to the different fruit trees around them.

''He visited you but you were washing off."

"Oh, I see..." She finished the fruit and the cats brought more for her. She sat under the tree and ate her fill. Gabriel stood above her the entire time. The animals didn't seem to like him very much. A wolf sat at her feet and glared at Gabriel the entire time. She sent the wolf to get Michael.

The wild dog did as he was told and raced towards the main building, up the stairs, and down the hall to Michael's room. It barked once and waited.

Michel opened the door and saw the grey wolf. When he was about to touch its fur it stepped back. Michael went closer to the wolf and it stepped back and ran away. Michael ran behind and followed it to the garden. When he got there he stumbled at Eve's feet and bowed, ''I'm sorry Ma'am."