Lets Pretend

Killua's pov:

I follow Gon out the door after he shouts to Mito about our plans before leaving.

Once outside he picks up his pace, making it hard for me to keep up with him. "Gon,"

No answer.

"Gon," I raise my voice this time, and he still doesn't respond.

"Oi, Gon!" I say rather loudly, and I grab his upper arm to stop him, but he jerks back from me, and continues down the sidewalk.

'What do I do? Leave him alone? Get him to talk? Well he does need to calm down before he does anything rash.'

I eye a lamp post that's coming up giving me the perfect chance to throw Gon against it.

I advance on him, and when I get to him, I grab his collar from reaching over his shoulder, and I yank him back. When he faces me I grab his other collar and try my best to not slam him hard against the lamp post.

Gon grimaces and closes his eyes.

"Speak to me dammit." I yell, still holding onto him.

"Why are you friends with me?" He asks, and fixes his sad gaze on a puddle of water that's near us.

I give him the are-you-shitting-me look.

"Because I want to!" '... Did my voice crack?'

"And you don't seem like an ass who is fake." I tell him, and he looks up at me, shocked with tears beginning to leave his brown eyes.

"Really?" He asks in disbelief.

"Of course! Why are you having a hard time believing me?" I tighten my grip, and Gon gulps. "Because people don't like being friends with me, and when I do make a friend they take my kindness as an advantage."

I let go feeling sick to my stomach. "Well Gon let me be your first friend."

'What am I saying?' screamed my mind while the other part said 'Making a friend, something you always wanted.'

He blushes and smiles, showing his pearly white teeth. There's his smile again. "Mn," he nods, and grabs my forearm, pulling me along... Again.

I stare back at his short black hair with grin tips, and smirk. Its nice when he is happy.

"So what color do you want to dye your hair?" He asks me after letting my arm go. I throw the hood over my head, and throw my hands in the pocket of the hoodie.

"Black." I say while watching his reaction.

"That'll bring your eyes out!" He exclaims, and looks into my eyes. I lean back a little bit, but with him being close I can see that his eyes aren't just brown. They do have it but it also has green and blue and it looks beautiful up close.

We walk a little bit more the. hit a local neighborhood store, I buy black hair dye with the help of Gon.

After that we walk back when its dark, and I keep close to Gon to make sure that if anything happens to us I can take care of it.

Our shoulders keep brushing, and Gon glances at me. "You are always on edge." He comments. I look over at him, but don't say anything.

"Why is that?" Gon throws his hands in his jacket pockets, and shiver. "Because I am." Is all that I say. A rustle up in a tree draws my attention, and I tense up. 'Could it be him? He loves to be in trees.' Gon looks up, but jerks his head down immediately, and I hook my arm with his. 'Illumi thinks that I am not attracted to boys. He thinks that I am straight so this will fool him... Hopefully.'

"Uh K-" I grab Gon's face and kiss him quickly to shut him up. 'Is it okay to kiss a friend? I am only doing it to save our asses... Shit, I have a lot of explaining to do.' After a quick second I pull back, but my lips are still close to his. "Don't say my name just pretend that we are a couple... I'll explain later."

Gon nods. "Kyle?" He plays along, and I let my oxygen out, feeling relieved. "I-I like you." I "confess" to him, and he pulls me in, and gives me a quick comforting kiss, leaving me breathless.

'Was that necessary?'

He grabs my hand, and we continue to walk to his house. The rustle in the tree indicates that Illumi moved on. I relax, and let go of Gon's hand.

"Who was-"

"Shh." I shush him. 'So he did see him. Shit Illumi must know I am somewhere around here."

Seeing a tall figure walking in front of us brings me to walk up a drive way. Gon knits his brows but follows me.

"Pretend that this is our house, and don't look at the man walking our way."

I pull my phone out, and pretend type random numbers in my phone then made up an impromptu convo on the phone.

Watching from the corner of my eyes, I see Hisoka walking past the house that we are at with lust in his pervy eyes, but seeing that we are at a house he keeps moving on.

When he is gone, I leave the house with Gon trailing behind me. "You have a lot to explain when we get back." He says sternly. I bite my lip, and pull my hood closer over my head.

"I know." I tell him, and after a minute we get to his house, that greets us with warmth along with the smell of soup.

Vegetable soup.