Rain

Gon's pov:

Startled, I look up with my mouth open to see Tonpa, and some other kids circling around me. "Yes?" I ask while feeling nervous. "Aren't you friends with-" I straight up punch Tonpa in the nose feeling it crack. Everybody stares at me with shock because they all would have never thought of me doing such a thing, but I wasn't going to let Tonpa say Killua's name with his brother, and his "pervy" friend around. The boys recover quickly, and grab my shoulders, arms and hands to hold me back.

Tonpa wipes the blood from his nose with fire in his eyes. "Take him outside in the back!" He orders the boys, and they start dragging me away. I start struggling, but one of the boys punch me in the gut, forcing the wind from my lungs. When I look up my eyes catches the pink haired guy's again, but he just keeps walking, looking disappointed. He was probably going to do something to me too. I would rather be beat up by my peers than to be stuck with that creepy guy.

They take me outside to the "knock out corner". Its the corner where girls, and boys get the living daylights beat out of them. I have never been there before... Until now.

The boys shove me into the mud, and tower over me. I stand up, only to be shoved down again, but I won't be humiliated so I get back on my feet. The same kid with crocked teeth sweeps his foot around my ankle, making me land on my back.

I groan from the impact and my vision blurs. The boy sits on me, and lifts my shirt to bring my face towards his. He sneers, and barks in my face with spit flying from his mouth. "You give the boss trouble? We give you trouble." I glare at him, and ram my head into his. He let's go, crying out. "You shit!" I push him off while trying to regain my eyesight from our collision.

I pounce on him, but its not long until I am tackled by the others. "Hey!" Tonpa shouts, and everyone stills and it starts raining softly.

"Let me handle the brat." He spats, and his gang splits apart to let him in. "You're pathetic for picking on teenagers you know?" The kid holding me down punches me in the side of my face, and I spit out some blood, smirking at Tonpa.

"You know Gon, I never thought you would act like this. It's time to beat it out of you," he signals to his friends, and they pick me off the ground and pin my arms behind my back. I tilt my head up, and look at Tonpa with dignity.

He laughs at me and throws his fist into my gut. "This is what happens when you are friends with that Killua kid, we beat the shit out of you." I try getting away from his mouth that is close to my ear, and kick him in the shin.

Tonpa howls "To the ground!" And the boys slam me to the ground, pushing my face into the wet Earth. I glare up at Tonpa as far as my eyes could let me, at the flat blob. "Beat him till I say stop!" The sky rumbles in protest.

But the kicks came.

And so did the punches.

I curl up into a ball, covering my face, and organs. My head spins, and I can taste the metallic from my blood. Someone kicks my ear, making me cry out. Soon the punches, and kicks become less, and less so I open my eyes to see Killua beating up Tonpa with kids laying on the ground.

The same annoying kid yanks me up and shouts. "Hey, I have your friend right here!"

Killua keeps beating his fists into Tonpa, and its scaring me. It's as if it's his goal is to make sure that Tonpa doesn't move anymore... Doesn't breath anymore... WAIT!

"KILLUA!" I yell but he doesn't hear me. I twist my way out of the hold that I am in, and knock the kid out and run after Killua.

I jump at him, shoving him to the side. I pant while staring down at him. "Killua, everything is okay, I am okay." He blinks his eyes hard, and turns his head towards Tonpa, and cringes to see his bloated face. Then Killua's eyes fills with horror, and he struggles under me. "Let go of me!" He shouts at me. "Killua it's-"

I find myself on my back while Killua runs away, but I get up and chase after him. I tackle him back to the ground, and we wrestle. "Gon!" Killua grunts. "Stop!" He pleads. I manage to pin him down, and we stop moving for some air. He thrashes his body, but I apply more pressure by pushing my butt down on his stomach. He gasps, and draws his legs up.

"I almost killed him Gon!" He tears up.

'Fuck.'

"Yeah, but you didn-"

"It's not safe for you to be around me." He interrupts me. "What are you saying?" I ask in fear because I know where this is going.

"I'm leaving." He blurts out and my heart stops. "Look, my family is psycho and they will do anything violent to get to me. And when they find out that you are my friend they will go after you and I don't want to see you hurt," his voice cracks and he closes his eyes and continues. "So I am leaving. I left earlier, but I wanted you to know that I am glad to have been best friends with you." I just stare at him, and it takes me awhile for everything to process. Shakily I say "I-I don't care." Now my body starts shaking. "I don't need you! I was only friends with you, because it seemed like you never had any, and I was being nice so I don't care if you leave!"

Something within Killua breaks, and he shoves me off then walks away. I close my eyes, and bite my lip hard to keep myself from crying while being drenched in the rain.

What have I done?