Chapter 1: Stitchin' Stranger

Just a Little Phishing (An Avengers FanFic)

**I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING. THE AVENGERS BELONGS TO MARVEL ONLY. THE ONLY CHARACTER I OWN IS ROSIE AND HER FAMILY.

ENJOY!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: STITCHIN' STRANGER

Natasha Romanoff waited patiently for a few moments as Dr. Bruce Banner walked into the shack mumbling to himself, "Should have got paid up front, Banner."

"You know for a man avoiding stress you picked one hell of a place to settle." She made her way around one of the pillars of the shabby house to she could see what was supposed to be the big guy. He seemed mostly normal. For now.

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret." He seemed to be a little out of place and uncomfortable; he had this nervous tick going on with his hands.

"Then what is? Yoga?" Her laugh was an attempt to lighten the mood; this man made her very uncomfortable. He made quite a few people very uncomfortable. Either way the SHIELD agent did not enjoy being in a room with someone that she had no way of talking down. She had heard the stories about Dr. Banner and they weren't the nice ones. If the green guy came out then she was screwed.

"You brought me to the edge of the city. Smart." The tall, skinny man was wringing his hands just as uncomfortable as him. For as much as she didn't want Mr. Hyde to appear, he didn't want it more. He absolutely didn't his uncontrollable alter ego. "So... um... I assume the whole place is surrounded," Even if he couldn't see anyone outside the huts cracked window, he knew that they were there: they were always there.

"Just you and me." Her smile would have seemed genuine to anyone else but Bruce had been around to many SHIELD agents to fall for this spy's smile, even if it seemed real.

It didn't matter how real she seemed, or how fake, SHIELD wanted the monster inside of him: it only took years of being hunted down and shot at to understand their memo. The only way he found appropriate to respond was with a pointed twist to his word, "Your actress buddy, is she a spy too? Do they start that young?"

"I did."

"And who are you?"

"Natasha Romanoff."

Watching her lightly step around the room, Dr. Banner couldn't help but feel more and more suspicious of the women, "Are you here to kill me, Agent Romanoff; because that's not gonna work out for either of us."

Dancing her fingertips across the shabby old and worn table, Natasha realized that this would be a lot harder than she originally intended. "No, no of course not I'm here on behalf of SHIELD."

"SHIELD? How'd they find me?

"We never lost you Doctor. We just kept our distance--" She wrapped herself up a little tighter in the nice shawl she had draped around her shoulders "--even helped keep some interested parties off your scent."

This whole time that he was attempted to stay hidden, he assumed SHIELD was after him. It was a huge surprise to hear that they were protecting him and his free life, "Why?"

"Nick Fury seems to trust you. But now we need you to come in." Taking on the stance of a diplomat instead of a friend, Natasha placed the shawl to the side and clasped her hands together. He knew she wasn't here to be his friend, there was no need to pretend.

"What if I say no?"

She gave a look that seemed a little provocative, "I'll persuade you."

"And what if the Other Guy says no?"