Chapter 12: Scrambled Eggs on a Sidewalk

CHAPTER 12: SCRAMBLED EGGS ON A SIDEWALK

  To add to the blurred vision her blood was pounding and her heart was beating like a little boy who couldn't find the beat in the 4th grade music class. Clint was still supporting most of her weight and calling out her name but she could barely hear him, "Rose, what's wrong?" The look that she gave him was vacant and confused. For her, everything was working considerably slower and more painfully. "Roe, you are shaking!"

-------------------------------------

**Two Hours Earlier**

Tony Stark was happy to be home. Unlike the helicarrier, he was easily about to navigate his way to the stash of alcohol. He left the launch pad for the comfort of his bar, JARVIS removing the Iron Man suit on the way. Though the horned god in his living room was definitely not the high light of Stark Tower. As he poured himself a nice drink, Tony's eyes never left the Trickster a very fake smile plastered across his face.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki sneered, he was waiting for this. When the humans would finally bow down and beg him for salvation. He needed someone to recognize his power as a higher being and humans were no where near advanced as he.

Meanwhile the 'puny' human he wanted to beg was no where near ready to defeat his ego. With scotch in hand, he shot Loki a massive grin, "Um nope. I'm going to threaten you."

"You should have left you're armor on for that." Though he wanted lemmings, Tony's personality and spunk was giving Loki a kick.

"Yeah it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the, um--" He motioned to the glowing Tesseract scepter, which Loki stole back sometime in the fight-- "glow stick of destiny. You want a drink?" He grabbed the large container and held it out expectantly.

Instead of answering, Loki rolled his eyes at offer and moved to the windows overlooking New York City. It was stupid of this man to offer him alcohol when there was a war brewing; "The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that." He turned around grinning ear to ear, "What have I to fear?" He didn't need to be sidetracked.

"The Avengers." Tony poured himself another glass of scotch and then clarified for a confused Loki, "It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing."

Loki snortled again, seriously what was up with this dude if she didn't know better she would have thought he had a lung disease; "Yeah I've met them." He clearly wasn't afraid of the Avengers and he was definitely under estimating them. Killing Coulson was definitely a bad choice on their part. 

 "Well it takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one." While Loki did like Tony's personality, the feeling was definitely not mutual, though the two were very similar. However he did like playing with the god, it made him feel powerful, "But let's do a head count here: your brother the demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breath-taking anger management issues; a super genius who can take out all the power in the United States with a snap of her finger; a couple of master assassins, and YOU, big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them." While speaking Tony had secretly managed to slip on two metal bracelet's that allowed him to deploy Mark 7, a newer and more powerful suit.

"That was the plan."

"Not a great plan," Tony came out from around the bar, the playfulness gone from his eyes as he stared down the enemy. "When they come, and they WILL, they will come for you."

Something about the confidence and power in Tony's eyes was slowly eating away at Loki's confidence and it increasingly irritated him, "I have an army."