Chapter 16: "Help! I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" Cue Melodrama

CHAPTER 16: "HELP! I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP" CUE MELODRAMA

"Come on, Grandma!" Tony was watching Rosie's physical therapy and adding in his own personal commentary. At first SHIELD had offered physical therapy session but more than anything, Rosie wanted to be with her brother away from everything government related. Unfortunately that did not include her private sector date, he was right at her heels to help her through the walking.

Angrily she whipped her head around to glare at Tony before letting out a long hiss, "Shut up! Let's see you do this." The physical therapist was checking the strength of her hip using resistance and it was a little hard for her. There was a bead of sweat lining her forehead.

As for Tony, he had the easy job. All he had done since the attack on New York was make Grandma jokes about her. He even bought her a brand new walker; that's when you know you have to much money. And honestly she preferred her crutches. Next thing you know he would be getting her crow's feet remover and LIFELINE, a medical alert system for the elderly. The perks of going on a few dates with a playful billionaire.

Pushing through her pain, she continue to fume at him, "It's not my fault that I'm the only one who got hurt in the invasion. I'm just a regular human!" Their conversation was beginning to spark other patient's interest, like it always seemed to. Everyone knew Tony Stark was Iron Man and the banter he brought certainly had a way of making their experience at the clinic a little brighter. "Why are you here anyway? My brother is picking me up."

The physical therapist, his name was John, stopped working with her and looked between Rosie and Tony, "Do you want to reschedule?" This was a common occurrence and it normally ended it her being too mad to continue with the session. John would kindly help her schedule another meeting where Tony would show up again.

"NO!" She shot back immediately, "He's just being a pain in the ass... like always. Let's keep going, I'll ignore him." Though her lovely physical therapist was positive how this was going to end he still followed her wishes.

"You can't ignore me." Tony laughed arrogantly and leaned back on the wall, "I'm too hot to ignore." His ego was only being enhanced by the wide eyed looks he was getting from every women and a few men that would come around the room. Every single time she came to an appointment there was a wider array of people waiting to see him, even on the few times when he didn't show up. Honestly Rosie was a little worried on how they got her appointments to begin with.

His remark almost earned a response but Rosie sucked in her breath and went back to working with John. She wasn't going to acknowledge the dumb ass in the corner. 

"Rosie?"

She only had five minutes left of this session and she planned on using them wisely, that meant not wasting them on him.

"Rosie. Rosie. Rosie." No he wouldn't. Tony was too old for this bullshit. "Rosie. Rosie. Rosie. Rosie." Okay, he would.

John tried not to comment on the situation but Rosie knew what he was going to say and grimaced, "I'm sorry." Before this could go too horribly, she grabbed her water bottle and realized that she, and everyone else, couldn't take it anymore. She would have thrown it at Tony's head but her brother walked in at that moment and she stopped the growing momentum, "Chelly!"

Her brother was a tall man with the identical ice blue eyes to his sister and the same dark brown hair; it didn't take much to know they were related. "Ros, you okay?" He could see the pent up anger in her face and the color drained from her fingers as she tightly held the water bottle.

"I'm perfectly fine" She gritted her teeth and motioned to the obnoxious dingbat by the door, "Did you invite Stark? He's annoying everyone... including me." Though he was always getting on Mitchell's  nerves, not just now. He wasn't pleased with the budding relationship between his sister and the egotistical genius. Even Mitchell knew about Tony's scandalous reputation and he didn't want Rosie to have that as a problem, she already had enough.

"No, I didn't. Do you need me to kick him out?" Mitchell was strong and, well very talented; he had come out of the alien invasion with little more than a scratch. If there was a zombie apocalypse then Rosie knew exactly where she'd be. However, unlike his other family members he never went into the dangerous espionage/assassin business. Instead he was a second grade teacher. Trust me, she made fun of him enough for it.

"No--" she took a pretty powerful swig of her water and finished up-- "I'm done now anyway." Despite his annoying behavior, half the room would still groan when he left. She didn't want to be a part of his drama.

Tony had completely quieted down the minute Mitchell entered the room, his pestering gone as he tried to make a good impression on her brother. So far it wasn't working, though it didn't seem like Mitchell was trying very hard.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I do kind of like him." She hesitantly smiled in Tony's direction then gave a full smile his direction, "That and I don't want to spoil your good boy persona. You can't just go around beating people up." She patted her brother's shoulder and attempted to balance on the crutches as she did so.

"Come on let's go," Ignoring his own urge to throw Tony out, Mitchell just helped his sister along to speed up the process of getting out.

"Yeah one minute." She crunched her way over to where Tony was standing and gave him a kiss on the lips then smacked him pretty hard on the arm, "You're an ass you know that? You can't just walk into my therapy session and be annoying. That's not the way the world works."

"I came for my fans." With a hard glare from Rosie, he grinned and corrected the sentence, "Okay, I was actually here to see if you wanted to go out for lunch after your super taxing therapy session."

There was an air of genuine care in the offer and regretfully she accepted the invitation as long as her brother was okay with her ditching him, "Yeah I guess. But you're dealing with any stench I have and my not-so classy clothes." She had blue exercise clothes on with her brand new insulin pump showing on the outside of the yoga shorts and her hair up in a messy ponytail. Not to mention the bulky black hip brace that was on the outside of her clothes. Not that she looked bad, she just didn't look like a billionaire's date good

"That's fine with me."

"Chelly?" She hobbled back over to her brother and smiled, "I'm think I'm going out to lunch with Tony. Is that okay? Do you mind? I mean you drove all the way down here and I don't want-"

"It's fine," he replied hesitantly and suddenly Tony could see the special bond between them. They were a lot closer than most siblings he knew, even if she did tease him. It must have something to do with their parents' death but he knew nothing about that. All he knew was her parents died when she was young; mentally he made a note to ask Clint about it.

"Are you sure?" There was a soft tone in her voice that Tony rarely ever heard. 

Mitchell responded with an harsh nodded and handed her drawstring bag to him with a small glare. He didn't need to speak to threaten Tony about hurting his sister, at least not in front of her. "I would run and hug you right now but..." Her eyes traveled down to her crutches before shrugging the best she could. "... it would be a feeble attempt. Love you bro."

"Love you too, Ro."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! This is unfortunately the last chapter. I do have a extra special treat for all you readers after this. I just want to thank you for every vote and read and comment. They really make me happy to be a writer and... GOD... it sounds like I'm giving a thank you speech for a freaking Oscar.