Chapter Twenty-Four

Lucas wakes me up asking if I want dinner. The sun has gone down.
"Yea. I guess." He walks into the kitchen and returns with some menus.
"I thought take out would be nice. We've got Chinese, Mexican, pizza, subs, and weirdly enough Italian." He shows them to me. I don't care what we eat.
"Pizza is find. Or Chinese. I don't care." He takes away the menus and makes a phone call. I don't even bother to listen. Some time later the doorbell rings and Lucas brings in some boxes and bags. It rings another couple of times before he calls me into the kitchen.
"What is all this?" I see box after box after bag of different foods. Just about every type of delivered food. From Mexican to Italian to Asian.
"I didn't know what to order so I called all the places and ordered your favorites. I got burritos, deep dish cheese pizza, chicken parmigiana, orange chicken, spicy Mongolian noodles, and a meatball sub. Actually I got two of everything..."
"You're so sweet." I kiss him on the cheek and grab a plate. I scoop some of the Chinese and Mongolian on plate before grabbing a slice of pizza. I dig in watching Lucas grab what he wants.
"I was thinking we could go out tonight. It's only 8. We've got plenty of time. I could even take you back to that club." I stop chewing and take a drink of my soda.
"Uhh. I dunno..."
"Hey you said you wanted things to be normal. So we need to do normal couple things."
"Yea I know. But none of this would have happened if it weren't for you." I drop my fork and walk upstairs locking myself in our bedroom. I'm not in the mood for any of this. I don't even want to be here. For the first time in awhile I really think about how I ended up where I am. If I had never insisted on going out we wouldn't be here right now. Not at all. My parents would be alive and I'd be studying abroad. I'd be going to school. I'd be with my friends and I'd be happy. I'd be scar free.
"Zoey can you open the door?"
"Can you turn back time?"
"No? Look I-"
"Then no!" I cut him off and lay on the bed. I hate him. I really do. I can't believe I've let myself get caught so deep in his trap. I've helped him do some really bad things haven't I? I shouldn't be here. None of this should have ever happened to me. To me. I never would have been taken by Christopher if it weren't for him. This is all his fault. No, he couldn't do things the right way and get my phone number and date me. He decided to kidnap me, abuse me, and rape me. Then make me fall hopelessly in love with him. Just to get me kidnapped,viciously raped, abused, and nearly killed.
"Zoey I swear on everything I own if you don't open this door you'll regret it!" I continue to ignore him. He can do what he wants. It's not like he doesn't have a key. I know he does. As if he can read my mind the door goes flying open. He stands in the doorway glaring at me, clearly pisssed off. Oh well. "What the fuck!?!!"
"This is all your fault! That's what! I fucking hate you Lucas!!! I really do. You yanked me away from the life I was supposed to live. You beat me and raped me and forced me to love you. I. Hate. You. But I love you so much I want to just jump out of that fucking window and hope I break my neck. You make me want to take every last pill I've been prescribed and hope I never wake up. You've ruined me. Not Christopher. You. If it weren't for you none of this would have happened to me. I can never forgive you. No matter how hard I try I just can't get how this is all your fault out of my head." By the time I finish he's crying.
"That's really how you feel? Well let me ruin your life a little more." He unbuckles his belt and takes it off walking towards me.
"Don't you fucking dare." He raises his hand, and for the first time, in a long time, Lucas hits me. Over and over until I fall unconscious from the pain. When I awake sometime later I feel nothing but coldness. It's pitch black and I'm not sure why. I try to touch my face and realize I can't. I've been chained to something. This whole situation is too familiar. Only now, I'm the only one here. And there's no one to keep me going, and save me from him. I'm alone. And something tells me, I always will be.