two / nights are the worst

Louis looked into the mirror and let out a deep sigh. He ran his hand through his brown hair and eyed his reflection another time, not being able to find himself being satisfied with how he looked. No matter what he did, he always ended up being unhappy with the urge to smash the mirror.

He had changed his outfit about five times during the last thirty minutes and ended up in a simple black jeans and a grey hoodie that seemed to be about two sizes too big. The clothes that he wore before were lying on the bed, making Louis' room even messier, but Louis wasn't a neat freak so he ignored it.

His eyes caught sight of the clock that hung above the door, telling Louis that it was 10:15 am and that he had to drive off to the photo studio very soon if he didn't want to be late.

Louis hated photo shoots with a burning passion. He hated getting dressed in clothes that were so tight that he could hardly breathe, and he hated having the make-up artists so close to his face – Louis always felt like they could see all his flaws when they were so close, he felt utterly uncomfortable and he felt even more imperfect when he noticed that the make-up artist spent more time on him that on the other boys.

But the thing that Louis hated the most was standing in front of the camera. He felt insecure and it felt wrong for him to smile into the camera – he felt like all his smiles looked more like grimaces but no one around him noticed. He was okay with group shoots because no one really was focused on him, but as soon as it came to the single shoots his stomach was turning and his palms were getting sweaty.

When he saw the results of the pictures and everyone commented on how good they looked he simply forced the smile on his lips and nodded in agreement, not letting anyone see what goes on inside of his head.

Suddenly Louis' door flew open, revealing Harry standing in the door way. He had his coat on and looked at Louis.

"Are you ready to go?" he then asked and Louis bit his lip and nodded. He quickly grabbed his coat and slipped his phone into his pocket before throwing on the coat.

Louis followed Harry out of the door and down the stairs where Harry grabbed the keys. The curly-haired boy walked out of the flat and Louis walked past him, watching Harry unlock the front door before he unlocked the car.

Harry sat down on the driver's seat and Louis dumped down on the passenger seat. Harry started the car and Louis immediately turned on the radio so Harry wouldn't start an attempt to start a conversation, Louis wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone in this second, but Harry didn't seem to notice as he flashed Louis a smile right before he fixed his eyes on the road.

~

Louis sat in a chair, watching the photographer take various photos of Niall while she told him how to stand, how to look and how he should smile, but it didn't seem to bother Niall because he did everything he was told without asking twice.

Louis was plucking on the sleeves of the jumper that they made him wear, knowing he was the next one in line. A lump formed in his throat and he tried to shake of the nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach.

It's just a photo shoot, he told himself while biting his bottom lip.  You've done this before. It's not a big deal.

"Thank you, Niall, you did a great job," he heard the woman say before she turned to Louis, her hazel eyes looking at him expectantly, but Louis made no move to get up.

"Come on, Louis, it's your turn," she said in her high voice, trying to hide the annoyed undertone that she had in voice, but Louis could hear it clearly.

He nodded and pushed himself off the chair and positioned himself in front of the backdrop that the photo studio put up, smiling to the camera.

The light was blinding Louis, hurting his eyes and he could feel his heart pound louder and his palms getting sweaty. His head started to spin but Louis took a few deep breaths to calm himself down.