fifteen / worries and questions

And the time the ambulance took to arrive felt like an eternity to Harry; mostly because Louis was unconscious since he called the ambulance and Harry had no idea what he should do. All he did was checking if Louis was still breathing, and being relieved when he found out that Louis was still breathing.

Harry didn't know what he would do if Louis died in his arms, and he didn't want to think about it. The thought of Louis dying was more than Harry could take, and even the thought of it made tears well up in his eyes.

When the ambulance arrived Harry felt relieved, but it lasted for a second because it wasn't an easy thing to watch the paramedics load Louis into the ambulance.

"Do you want to drive to the hospital with us, or are you going to take your own car?" one paramedic asked and pulled Harry out of his trance.

"I'm driving with you," Harry said without thinking and jumped into the ambulance; the paramedic that talked to Harry stepped into the car as well, closed the door and the car then started to move.

~

As they arrived at the hospital they made Harry wait in the waiting room, saying that he wasn't allowed to come with them. Nobody explained why, but Harry was too tired and too shaken up to protest that, so he dumped down on one of those uncomfortable black plastic chairs and took a deep breath.

The image of Louis lying in the ambulance was burned into Harry's brain, and he probably won't be able to forget it. Harry was scared shitless – he didn't know what was wrong with Louis, and if he was going to be okay and it was the uncertainty that was killing him.

Harry ran a hand through his hair and slipped his phone out of his pocket and clicked on his contact list. He scrolled through his contacts and he wondered if he should call Liam or Niall, but then Harry remembered that Zayn was the one who knew about everything and the one that Louis seemed to trust the most, so Harry clicked on Zayn's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Harry?" Zayn said after picking up, sounding like Harry had woken him up. "Where are you? And where's Louis?"

Harry bit his lip and took a deep breath. "Louis' in the hospital," Harry said and something at the other end rustled.

"What?" Zayn said.

"Louis is in the hospital," Harry repeated.

"What happened?" Zayn asked, suddenly sounding distressed and Harry felt hopeless because he didn't know.  Well, Harry could guess what had happened, but he wasn't a doctor after all.

"Louis and I were at the movies, and when we left everything seemed okay. But a few minutes later Louis was in immense pain and he just blacked out. I-I don't know what's happening and they won't let me see him," Harry said, trying not to sob because he really wanted Zayn to understand what he was saying.

"What hospital are you at? I'm coming," Zayn said and Harry told Zayn the hospital's name before the line went dead. Harry sighed and slid his phone back into his pocket before leaning back.

This night was definitely going to be one of the longest nights in Harry's life.

~

"Harry!"

Harry opened his eyes and he saw Zayn walking, no, running over to him and Harry got up the second that Zayn hugged him tight. The tears that had dried were now welling up in Harry's eyes again as Zayn let go of the hug.

"Are there any news?" Zayn asked and sat down in the chair next to Harry. Harry sat back into his chair and shook his head, looking down at his shoes.