Chapter 24: The Auditions (pt. 1)

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Ya, why do we have to go? PD-nim isn't even going to cast anyone," Hopie hyung whined, as we got dressed.

I closed my eyes as the stylist noona moisturised my face. Bangtan has to go to my school's auditions and examination thing. I sighed a bit, realising it's kind of pointless for us, especially me.

I still have to perform to get my final examination marks. Those companies should be smart enough to know not to cast me.

I don't know why but I'm kind of worried for Seoyeon... I shouldn't really be though... Is she going to do well?

"I was there like a few years ago. I'll cringe at some people's performances," Jin hyung said as he shook his head.

"Of course, that was half a decade ago," Taehyung added while laughing. "You're old now."

"That," Jimin said while pointing at Taehyung. "That is the most truthful thing you have said in a long time."

"Thank you!" he replied while bowing around like a maniac.

"Sit down. Now I have to redo your hair," the stylist noona said in an angry tone as she pushed our outer-space member down in a chair and grabbed a comb.

I laughed a bit but didn't say anything. I'm not supposed to be nervous. I've been performing since ages ago yet I'm battling my nerves at the moment. I have weird queasy feelings in my gut and I feel like puking.

But why?

"Jungkook, why do you look so pale?" Suga hyung yawned as he approached me squinting with no eyes.

"Actually?" I replied, asking. Is it that obvious that I'm nervous?

"You're a professional Kookie. That's kind of embarrassing," Namjoon said after taking a selfie to post on Twitter.

"I know that. I'm singing...in front of people"

"What? You sing everyday in front of people!" Jimin poked me in the ribs.

"It's a song not in Korean," I said, ruffling my hair. Well that was a mistake after hearing the furious shaking of a hairspray can...

Why did I even choose that song anyways?

It took me a whole night of looking up the dictionary to understand its meaning. Translations would have been easier but I wanted to do it the hard way. That way, I'll understand instead of regurgitating bits.

"Didn't you get English help from Seoyeon?" Hoseok asked as he tied his sneakers on. The stylist noona eyed him leaning over and made sure his hair didn't fly.

"I did," I replied.

That's why I'm nervous. I have to sing in front of her. I think.

______________________________________________________________________________

SEOYEON'S POV

I watched our entire grade wait outside the school's performance theatre, nervously moving around. My ears are almost bursting from all the gasps and screaming.

But I don't blame anyone. I'm about to faint...

"Seoyeonah, I really can't do this," Hayoung said softly as she grabbed my shoulder for support.

"You've been saying that for the past few minutes!" Yena whined, bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet.

I'm feeling exactly that but I'm just not showing it. Showing it makes me feel worse. I stayed quiet and waited anxiously for everyone to file in and find a seat inside the theatre.